OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

.670" XX-full for buckshot?

Started by mcgruff1533, July 24, 2011, 12:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcgruff1533

I have a Mossberg .670" choke listed in the for-sale section but have yet receive any bites.

What's the tightest E.D. a person can safely use when shooting buckshot?      Obviously, I don't want to damage my gun, but I'm trying to find a use for the choke rather than let it collect dust.

BTW, my Mossberg shotgun is a 535 which has the standard 12 gauge bore diameter.

gatrkyhntr70

I have shot some of the Win super x 23/4  #4 buck in 870's with the factory super full in .665 with good results; Its deadly on coyotes, the other factory xtra full in .687 shoots the same shell in 00 buck good too, Every guns different when it comes to patterning. Buckshots cheap give it a try.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

mcgruff1533

I have some un-buffered #1 buckshot I might give a try.    My concern was more with causing damage rather than the resulting pattern. 

SumToy

Alot of it is on the size.   I can not say about the chokes you have now but I would say it ok to shoot the #1 and smaller out of my 670.  I think you see good numbers out of smaller shoot and the number 1 may like the 680 rang. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Reloader

You'll prob blow the patterns but it wont hurt to try the smaller buckshot IME. I've had better results with ext mod or imp mod

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk.

mcgruff1533

beagler

If you are looking for a good tube try the Carlson's Dead Coyote tube. I shoot #4 buck out of mine with great success. Patterns larger shot sizes very well in both my Benelli SBE 2 and Mossberg 835. I use it for hunting predators.
Never Misses