turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I covet your prayers today.

Started by drenalinld, July 20, 2011, 11:38:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drenalinld

On Saturday, my family of about 30 had all gotten together at my parents house for fried wild turkey and venison. Shortly after supper two of my neices, age 16, went for a four wheeler ride on the gravel road my parents live on. We thought they had been gone too long and went to search for them. They had flipped the four wheeler and it had layed on top of them and suffocated one beautiful little girl to death.

As you can imagine, we are heartbroken and struggling with this. Her funeral is today at 1 pm. There will be hundreds of unbelieving teenagers at this funeral and it may be their only opportunity to hear the gospel. Please pray for comfort for the family and that other would find Christ as a result of this tragedy.

lightsoutcalls

God, I pray that you would be with my friend and the family of this young lady.  I pray that you would give strength and peace to the family.  I pray that you would be with the minister doing the service... speak through him and give him your grace to share your hope and peace in a time of great sorrow.  I pray that you would be a source of healing to this family in the days, weeks and years ahead.  You see their broken hearts and I know that you grieve for them in their loss.
I pray that you would give hope... a hope and assurance of eternal life through your son Jesus.  In His name I ask these things, amen.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

busta biggun

Lord I join with my brothers in Christ and lift up the family and friends of this young lady. I pray for comfort. I pray for strength. I pray that all of those in attendance of the funeral service today would consider the frailty of our earthly lives and the security of eternal life through your son Jesus. May they all turn to you as their Savior and source of their strength and comfort to get them through this extremely difficult time. Only you could take a tragedy and make good things come from it. I pray that you would make this happen in this tragedy and that through this situation many would give their hearts to Jesus and be saved. In Jesus name I pray.

turkey slayer

Sorry to hear about your family's loss, prayers sent :jesus-cross: :jesus-cross:

Roostem33

Man that is so tragic, my prayers are with you.
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

drenalinld

Thanks for the prayers and support guys. It means a lot.

pappy

I am so sorry for your family's time of grief, and I will be keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers especially about the young people who are still searching for the Lord. I will pray for a quick spiritual healing for your loved ones, and that God replaces that empty hole in their hearts with peace and comfort. And the road to recovery be straight and without obstacles. God's Blessings and Mercies, pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Hognutz

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your niece. It breaks my heart to hear of such tragedy. May the Lord be with each and everyone of you. I am so, so sorry.. May God Bless all of you..Mike   :cross2: :bible:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

BOFF

Quote from: busta biggun on July 20, 2011, 12:34:30 PM
Lord I join with my brothers in Christ and lift up the family and friends of this young lady. I pray for comfort. I pray for strength. I pray that all of those in attendance of the funeral service today would consider the frailty of our earthly lives and the security of eternal life through your son Jesus. May they all turn to you as their Savior and source of their strength and comfort to get them through this extremely difficult time. Only you could take a tragedy and make good things come from it. I pray that you would make this happen in this tragedy and that through this situation many would give their hearts to Jesus and be saved. In Jesus name I pray.

I'm in agreeance with this. Amen!!

So sorry to read and be late in prayer for this situation.  :(

God Bless,
David B.

drenalinld

Thanks for the prayers and support guys.