turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Could These Two Bucks the Same, Video 2009, Photo 2011

Started by Stoner, July 19, 2011, 11:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoner

Are these two bucks the same. Both have high racks. The video shows some palmation on the left antler. The photo shows palmation on both antler. The video was taken in the fall of 2009 and the photo was taken a couple of days ago. What do you all think?

Stoner

The more I look at it I would say no. I need to get a closer photo of the most recent buck.

rtsj

Quote from: Stoner on July 19, 2011, 11:22:25 PM
The more I look at it I would say no. I need to get a closer photo of the most recent buck.
I Agree!  Dont think it's the same deer, but sure looks like they share the same genetics.

GobbleNut

Unless the 2009 buck damaged his left antler during growth, then I don't think the two are the same deer.  Also, with two years between pictures, I might expect the 2011 antlers to be a bit larger if they were the same deer,....although he is certainly no slouch.   I agree, though, that they share the same genetics. 

dirt road ninja

Could be. Would need to see a frontal shot of both. If it's not the same deer they are brothers.

stinkpickle

Hard to tell, but I'd guess 'no' too.  In fact, I'd guess the one in the recent pic to be younger...but I don't know what summer deer look like that far south.  They're probably from the same gene pool, though.

RutnNStrutn

Looks to me like the buck in the video had longer brow tines. The buck in the pic seems healthy, and not on the decline, so his brow tines should be bigger, or at least the same, given 2 more years growth. Looks like a little different positioning of the tines off of the main beam. Could be, but I'm with the guys, probably share the same genes, but not the same buck.

Reloader