turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

A Few Things For This Season

Started by Sir-diealot, April 22, 2024, 03:54:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Few things for this season, with everything that has gone on this year I have not added much.

Picked up a glass or crystal I can't remember call from Sidehill Calls, you hold the one piece like you would a scratch box and then use the striker on it, does not sound half bad when my hands let me hold it right, the arthritis in my left thumb is making it a little hard to use, I may try to swap it away for something I can hold.

I also picked up two David Halloran strikers, Mac Ebony and Tigerwood, I absolutely love his one piece strikes and these were the only ones I did not have other than his Dymondwood which is about impossible to find.

Also finally got Primos The Truth 12 Spring Turkey Hunting now I only need 26 & 27 and I will have all the ones available on DVD sure wish they would convert those first 11 to DVD
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

That's a nice add to your collection

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Greg Massey on April 22, 2024, 05:21:33 PMThat's a nice add to your collection
Thanks, have not had chance to play with them yet, but sure those strikers will sound like gold the same as the rest of his do.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Yoder409

Craig (Side Hill) makes good stuff.

Yep.    :icon_thumright:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Yoder409 on April 22, 2024, 08:17:00 PMCraig (Side Hill) makes good stuff.

Yep.    :icon_thumright:
When my hand lets me hold it it sounds really good, just the arthritis all though the thumb makes it a challenge. Man for some reason I could not remember your name to save your life earlier, was trying to recommend you to a guy looking for striker rolls or something to hold his strikers and your name just would not come to me.

John Koenig:

Tom007

Nice Steve, good luck with them....
"Solo hunter"

ScottTaulbee

Craig Hevner makes nice boxes too. I have a long box and short box from him and he's a heck of a guy to boot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk