turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Youth day 2024

Started by Bowguy, April 21, 2024, 04:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowguy

Last Sunday my youth hunter's dad called to say they couldn't make it. I made a few calls n by Monday had another lined up but it was gonna be a lot of info for a green hunter.
Anyhow Gradin and his dad came up Fri night. We watched some birds. Than roosted some. Something I always find neat about a long walk out a woods with a bird waiting on us in a tree. We had birds roosted on 2 seperate but nearby farms.
Sat morn was rainy. We had the bird at 15-50 yards for maybe 40 mins. Hen too close, back side of blind, etc. Kid missed. He was upset. It's ok o told him we're gonna get you another bird.
We gave him quick running and gunning instructions. Drive to next farm. Maybe 5-600 yards in see 3 jakes, 1 longbeard way out yonder. A few calls they start out way. Gradin was moving a little and the lb spooked but decided to shoot a jake. He was stoked and mentioned there's a youth hunt next year too so I guess I have next year already booked.
Take a kid hunting guys. No matter the bird, It'll change your life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom007

Nice job Mike, congrats!!
"Solo hunter"

fishr64

Excellent!! Congratulations to the young man on the great comeback.

Greg Massey

Congratulations, fine gobbler

Wvgobbler

Turkeybutt

Nice job to everybody involved. Looks like you hooked a young hunter for future hunts.

Bowguy

JeffC

Congrats to the young hunter, thanks for taking the time and effort thats needed to be successful and safe. 
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr