OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Devotion Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Started by Duke0002, July 19, 2011, 12:27:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke0002

"I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the Gospel of Christ....if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed" (Galatians 1:6ff).

Some things cannot be mixed.  Not only shouldn't be mixed, but by their very nature cannot be mixed.  This principle is well known in science, and it's also true for the things of God.

A satanic attempt at such a mixture is brewing in matters of Christianity and the Bible recently.  Last week I read an article that reported on something called Chrislam.  Seems that some high profile leaders associated with Christianity are supporting the idea of mixing Christianity with Islam -Chrislam.  A well known politician has also stated that his personal beliefs are a mixture both religions.  One congregation of a certain denomination has even changed their sermons and Sunday school lessons to center on the teachings of Mohammad  -even placed Korans next to their pew Bible's.

What's the problem with this?  Plenty. The uniqueness of God's revealed truth in the Bible is butchered beyond recognition.  God's only-begotten Son and mankind's Savior is altered to conform to the Koran's view of Jesus Christ, where Jesus is said to be a mere prophet who was appointed by Allah to prepare mankind for the coming of Mohammad.  Not only is this an untrue viewpoint, but the Bible explicitly condemns this unholy hybrid.

Historically, this is nothing new.  Mankind's sinful nature has always tried to pollute the pure Gospel of Jesus Christ.  This is done by trying to insert man's good works into the free gift of salvation, secured for us by Jesus' work of salvation.  Islam is a religion of human works, not of Gospel (grace).  The two (human works and grace) are polar opposites.

So much more could be said about this topic, but then this devotion wouldn't be a devotion today.

The Bible clearly teaches that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself.  This, and not another way, is the plan established and carried out by God in Christ.  The good news of our salvation is that forgiveness, reconciliation with God, and eternal life are solely in the domain and work of Jesus Christ.

St. Paul makes this crystal clear,  "But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.   For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God"  (Ephesians 2:4-8).

What a relief the pure Gospel of God's grace in Jesus is,  as mankind's way of salvation!  This unadulterated truth will set you free, and if the only-begotten Son of God sets you free, you are free indeed!

Because of their intrinsic nature, some things cannot be mixed  -plain and simple.

-Dale

lightsoutcalls

Good words!  I heard about the Chrislam issue last week myself.  It seems that beyond this more organized attempt to dilute God's word is the issue of universalism.  People are being fooled into developing their own set of beliefs grounded only in what is convenient/pleasant for them to believe.  True Christianity is not a religion of convenience, as Jesus and his disciples demonstrated. 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Roostem33

Don't think I will be changing anytime soon! It makes you wonder where they come up with these ideas. Thanks Dale!!

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

BOFF

Thanks Dale!!

It's plain and simple when it comes to God's plan of salvation. But typically, like always, we humans want to add our own ideas and input, and mess things up.

God Bless,
David B.

turkey slayer