turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Okay guys ! Need your help

Started by Old Gobbler, April 20, 2024, 04:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

The latest version of the software has been downloaded ...we will be doing the cosmetic tweaks (colors , banners etc..) in the meanwhile

If you get any errors ..major stuff like functionality...take a screen shot and message or post here ,and we will look into it

We will turn the easy on the eyes (black background) on in the following days then a move to a new server

We will likely do some more new tweaks and upgrades

Gobble...gobble...

Shannon
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

gobblers roost

Tap talk says network error.cannot sign in

bbcoach

WOW!  BIG CHANGES.  This will take some time to get accustomed to for us Old Timers.

Old Gobbler

Quote from: gobblers roost on April 20, 2024, 04:49:20 PMTap talk says network error.cannot sign in
tapatalk is a add-on package we will get that going in good time , thanks for the heads up

-Shannon

Zobo

It doesn't show who responded last and when, next to the topic/title
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Old Gobbler

Quote from: Zobo on April 20, 2024, 07:13:33 PMIt doesn't show who responded last and when, next to the topic/title
OK I'll have Annie look into that

There are numerous add on packages and customizations we will have to do

-Shannon

lacire

Ok, I just found this update...  :TooFunny: I thought I hit something and it screwed up the theme on my profile, I just spent the last 15 minutes trying to change it back. As already noted Tapatalk is now not responding.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

bbcoach

With the new color schemes, the light gray background and light gray lettering, you can't read the words on any of the posts.  With the dark gray background and light gray lettering it is OK.

OldHen

Quote from: bbcoach on April 21, 2024, 01:32:24 PMWith the new color schemes, the light gray background and light gray lettering, you can't read the words on any of the posts.  With the dark gray background and light gray lettering it is OK.
should be readable now with the burnt orange lettering on both light and dark gray.  I was keen for a more modern black and white scene..but noooo Shannon wanted his gray coloring back lol

bbcoach

Quote from: OldHen on April 21, 2024, 02:59:11 PM
Quote from: bbcoach on April 21, 2024, 01:32:24 PMWith the new color schemes, the light gray background and light gray lettering, you can't read the words on any of the posts.  With the dark gray background and light gray lettering it is OK.
should be readable now with the burnt orange lettering on both light and dark gray.  I was keen for a more modern black and white scene..but noooo Shannon wanted his gray coloring back lol
Burnt orange works.  Thanks

Tail Feathers

The site works fine on my Chromebook but I can't pull up the forums on my iPhone.  I can tap the forum name but they won't come up.  Non Tapatalk user, just Safari browser.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

OldHen

Quote from: Tail Feathers on April 21, 2024, 03:44:24 PMThe site works fine on my Chromebook but I can't pull up the forums on my iPhone.  I can tap the forum name but they won't come up.  Non Tapatalk user, just Safari browser.

hmmm I just went on my iphone and to the website (safari browser, not tapatalk app) and it shows up find for me.  Im not a regular user of the site on my phone, so perhaps its a cache issue on your phone. Can you clear your cache and then see if its working proper for you?

JeffC

Thank you Old Hen for getting color worked out, these old eyes had problems yesterday and this morning trying to read posts. Thank you for all the work you and Shannon put into this site!
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

OldHen

Quote from: JeffC on April 21, 2024, 03:56:54 PMThank you Old Hen for getting color worked out, these old eyes had problems yesterday and this morning trying to read posts. Thank you for all the work you and Shannon put into this site!
You are welcome!  Make sure to tell Shannon he owes me a DQ blizzard for payment!  lol....

Tail Feathers

Quote from: OldHen on April 21, 2024, 03:50:07 PM
Quote from: Tail Feathers on April 21, 2024, 03:44:24 PMThe site works fine on my Chromebook but I can't pull up the forums on my iPhone.  I can tap the forum name but they won't come up.  Non Tapatalk user, just Safari browser.

hmmm I just went on my iphone and to the website (safari browser, not tapatalk app) and it shows up find for me.  Im not a regular user of the site on my phone, so perhaps its a cache issue on your phone. Can you clear your cache and then see if its working proper for you?
That seems to have worked.  But the reply boxes are awfully small on the phone.  But it's workable at least.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!