OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Jonesing for Kansas hunt info

Started by phutch30, April 17, 2024, 06:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phutch30

So Im working my way through the super slam and Im planning on x-ing off KS next spring. One of the options I was looking at was Fort Riley and the public around there. Anyone have experience in that area and be willing to share? I am looking for spots, but Im looking for a one and done kind of information. Ive got over 20 states to go so ill prob be dead before I would ever be back. A PM would be preferred.....

If someone has a sweet swap offer (KS for MT Merriam's) I would be interested in that too

Paul

Howie g

Yep , there's a great wma . It's called " do your own homework "

Zobo

Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Mossyguy

Quote from: phutch30 on April 17, 2024, 06:44:50 PM
I am looking for spots, but Im looking for a one and done kind of information.

Paul

No beating around the bush with that statement...

lalongbeard75

The super slam is old news. I see these guys in every state I hunt they all have that desperate shifty look lol. To me they look like they are sucking the fun right out of Turkey hunting with this mad dash attitude. If you was the first person to get a super slam that be something if you was the 100th who cares. Enjoy the hunt imo.

phutch30

Wow, you guys are great LOL. I'm just being honest with my asking. Everyone's looking for information. If you don't want to give it don't but you don't have to be a dick about it. I've helped several people on this site over the years and will continue to do so, that's these forums are about. As far as mocking the swap offer...I could give a rats behind. I do three or four a year and every one of them would gladly come back. I've done swaps with members on this site. As far as the super slam being old news I don't know what to tell you I find it challenging and it adds a level of excitement that was missing in my turkey hunting. I've managed to kill turkeys all over the country doing my own research. You still can't beat first hand information and that's what I was asking for

WV Ridge Reaper

Do you have a youtube channel ? Id love to follow and grab a tee shirt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strutnut80

"I've managed to kill turkeys all over the country doing my own research"

Then you should have no problem finding a place in Kansas

ruination

.410 Favors the Bold

deerhunt1988

Quote from: phutch30 on April 17, 2024, 09:30:53 PM
I've managed to kill turkeys all over the country doing my own research.

Then why are you asking for info on here?

turkeyfool

As someone who's about 1/4 done, the super slam is so freaking lame. It's completely
sucked the fun out of turkey hunting for a buddy of mine. People get on-edge and cranky, they don't want to have "revisit" another state, and it forces them to lower their morals. The glorification of the super slam is honestly one of the biggest damages to turkey hunting and turkey hunting culture.

soILstrutter

Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on April 17, 2024, 09:45:15 PM
Do you have a youtube channel ? Id love to follow and grab a tee shirt

ADAPT!  :TooFunny:

deadbuck

btodd00

im telling y'all, if your not after the Denny's grand slam your missing out!

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: btodd00 on April 18, 2024, 10:19:15 AM
im telling y'all, if your not after the Denny's grand slam your missing out!
X2