Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Crazy blessed hunt…tagged out in WV

Started by wvhoyt19, April 17, 2024, 03:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvhoyt19

Crazy blessed hunt to say the least. So last night I roosted this bird along with four hens. Unfortunately, I couldn't hunt this morning as I had a procedure scheduled at the hospital for 6:30 AM. As I was leaving the hospital at 10 AM with the anesthetics wearing off, I told my wife the doctors instructions was not to be driving or operating machinery. His instructions didn't say anything about turkey hunting ha ha. As soon as I got home, I threw my camo on and headed out to do a quick hunt on a farm across from the house. I jumped out the truck, loaded my gun, shut my truck door and one gobbled on an oak flat above the truck. I knew that woodsman ship was going to kill this bird or at least give me a chance so I started hiking in the opposite direction to get above him. Once I got to the spot, I wanted to get to he hammered not more than 80 yards below me. I quickly sat down a few soft yelps and he cut me off. I waited a minute or so and gave him a soft three note yelp and he cut me off again. A few seconds later and He appeared in full strut to my left. Once he broke, I let him have it. There I was, setting against the oak tree, taking it all in. I was tagged out in West Virginia after a 20 minute hunt. The good Lord blessed me again today!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeffC

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

turkey harvester

Congrats!! its crazy how things play out with these birds.
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Hunt with your kids, not for them.

aclawrence

That's awesome. Congratulations!  Nice turkey too!

Kygobblergetter

Congrats! You're killing it!

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

birdman67

Loving God's Creation!