turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

OMG What Has Turkey hunting come to!

Started by eggshell, April 16, 2024, 01:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdmitchell

And this is why drones need banned - period. I don't care about deer recovery, ban it all. If we don't get ahead of stuff like this, we may never be able to turn the tides.

eggshell

Well felt brave and went back today and talked to the landowner we always hunt on and I think things are going to change. Anyway there was only one hunter on the property and he had permission. We stayed on our usual ground and we had birds working all morning but hens were all over us and them. Every time we got a bird going a hen would lead him away. We saw gobblers and nearly sealed the deal a couple times, but no clear close shots. The funny part was I stopped on the farm road and heard a bird down the road and decided to drive closer tom  get a location. As I rounded the bend to the gate we see this big gobbler strutting right in the road. He doesn't budge, but keeps right on his way down  the road following a hen. MInd you this is 40 yards at most from the truck. He is so lucky it was not one of the local idiots or he would have been dead. Instead we let him get around the bend then circle and set up. Yelp Yelp cluck cluck, purrr the boss hen cusses us out and we watch her lead old Tom down over the hill. We palyed this same cat and mouse game for 4.5 hrs solid with three different gobblers. We'll give them a few days and go back. This is mostly behind locked gates, so shouldn't be any idiots.

turkey stew

Quote from: capecodmike on April 18, 2024, 12:42:29 PM
Took a look at KY's hunting regs.  In late 2022 they tabled regulations regarding drones for further study.

Hopefully it will be addressed in the near future along with the other issues that appear to be present.

Good luck.
What is there to study. Anyone knows that drones are'nt fair chase in hunting or fishing! I thought Michigan was slow. They have Kentucky beat by 7+ years. That should be an easy law to enact. No need to study!