OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

OMG What Has Turkey hunting come to!

Started by eggshell, April 16, 2024, 01:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

Keep hunting that spot and kill a bird. Then you can say you earned a hard one. Sounds like the National Forrest down here in Ms. Adapt and overcome. Just kidding... maybe.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Sanders153

Quote from: JeffC on April 16, 2024, 03:47:22 PM
are Drones in season, asking for a friend??

They are always in season my friend lol

eggshell

A relative of the guy we hunt on, in another county, owns it. I am sure they have no clue it's being abused like this, but they are about to to get told. I will even volunteer to post it for them. They don't live close to it and have no caretaker, so it has become the wild wild west show. ATVs are trashing it as well. It's sad, because it's a nice property and it has birds on it. I am just hesitant to start a ruckus being an out of stater, but the guy we hunt on is a very good friend and I feel I have to tell him. Some of that stuff used to go on around here, but some of us banded together and shut it down. It took a couple people getting arrested, but when they discovered there would be consequences the crap stopped. At least it moved somewhere else. Idiots don't go away they just move.

Marc

I have run into similar situations dove hunting...

A call to the owner is worth while...

In one case a buddy offered to put up a lock/gate, and was given authority to run off "trespassors" in return for hunting priviledges.

And, if OK with the landowner, invite out a lawenforcement buddy to run these idiots off.....
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

silvestris

Facts like these makes me accept my diabetic feet a little better.  There are so many positive experiences  out there when appropriatey approached and applied.  There are rules although too many ignore them.  We hunt to kill, but there is so much there to take in.  An occasionally kill is nice but it is overwhelmed by the experience.  I hate the methods of the New Breed.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

GobbleNut

Eggshell, you seem to have found about every malady associated with spring gobbler hunting that exists in a single location, my friend. ...Makes me feel better about some of the crap we have to endure around here anymore on our public stuff.  I offer my condolences and hopes for better days ahead...for both of us...   :)

Kylongspur88

Quote from: Swamp_870 on April 16, 2024, 04:10:06 PM
I mean...I know why he didnt shoot the drone but in hindsight...he should've shot the drone
Depending on where I was at I'd probably shoot the drone.

Marc

There is an awfully good chance I would have tested my turkey loads out on that drone....  Especially if I knew they did NOT have permission to be there.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Sanders153

I wonder what it would be like to slap a drone down with a load of #5 / 3 inch. I bet it is exhilarating lol.. I would probably imagine I was a GI in WW2 shooting down a Stuka with an anti aircraft round

Happy

I am sorry to hear about that eggshell. That type of behavior is absolutely disgusting. I hope you can get in touch with the owners, and an end is put to it. I figure a call to the owners and then a call to the local dnr would kick the party off right.

Good-looking and Platinum level member of the Elitist club

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Bottomland OG

Your friend is an easy going guy is all I can say. That sounds like some of the same kind of people have around here. Minus the drone fellas, SMH.... That's a grade a goof troop. And I would have tested the drone's durability.

WV Ridge Reaper

Quote from: paboxcall on April 16, 2024, 03:10:47 PM
Maybe those drone guys were "adapting."
Hey thats what we gotta do now days is just adapting and keep on keeping !!!

We need more turkey hunters right!!!

Like subscribe and follow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wigsplitter

Clowns on the left - jokers on the right - you know the rest......

3bailey3

? if a drone is flying over land you own can you shoot it down!

novashooter

Well most of what I read had nothing to do with turkey hunting problems. If they didn't have permission to be there, that's trespassing no matter how you slice it. They doubled down by flying a drone, not illegal by itself, but then hunting that same day in the same area is poaching in every state I've ever known. I guess I don't know if the kids mushroom hunting had permission, I see nothing wrong with woods walking for fun. Obviously reaping isn't that great, and it has zero effect on you, so I guess I don't see the big deal.

No, you aren't an elitist. You are just another frustrated hunter who had a bad day surrounded by poachers and trespassers.