OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Quick hunt before work

Started by Vaturkeyhntr, April 15, 2024, 08:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaturkeyhntr

Jumped into a spot I have had good luck with before.  Having to be at work around 9:00 I could only hunt til about 8.  After nothing gobbled around me at first light I finally heard a bird but he was across a lake.  I gave out a few calls to him in hopes he might pitch across.  After having him answer me multiple times he finally started to fade farther away, so I headed back in the direction of the truck.  Before cresting into a large open bottom I gave out some calls and had a bird answer me about 200 yards out.  I guess I got into his bubble cause once he started he was fired up and coming.  I gave out one last call and the bird gobbled just out of sight, soon I could see him walking in the same bottom I was in and walking straight at me.  Every 5-10 steps he would stop, look, and strut before continuing his course right to me.  Once he hit about 30-35 yards out he stretched his head up one last time to look and that would be it.  It's was 7:05 and still plenty of time to get him taken care of and off to work..

19 lbs, 10 1/2 beard, 1 1/8 spurs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3bailey3

Greg Massey

The Lung

Big congrats on a fantastic gobbler! I would love to squeeze in a before-work hunt.
"Dear Lord, may our will be pure and our aim be true. Amen"

deathfoot

Congrats. Great bird. Is it me or do those Virginia gobblers seem to have lighter tipped fans than normal. I noticed it last year and being a Virginia resident I don't recall them being that light. Maybe I'm wrong. I need to look at a few of my fans and mounts more often maybe??

Turkeybutt

Way to get it done and still make it to work. Congrats!

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

JeffC

Congrats on a fine Tom, good story and pictures, thanks for sharing.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

zelmo1

Perfect ending and and a nice bird, Z

RutnNStrutn

Gotta love it when everything works out just right. Congrats!!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Dr Juice

highcj5

Nice bird and way to get it done before work

tomstopper

Zobo

Awesome to be able to hunt close to home/work. Ideal circumstances and convenient. When you finally get to work you feel like you've already accomplished so much, which you have, Congratulations!
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14