Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

WV Limb Hanger

Started by wvhoyt19, April 15, 2024, 12:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvhoyt19

The good Lord blessed me this morning on the opening day of WV!! On my second set on the morning I had a gobbler come in at 45 yards but I couldn't get a shot. He slipped above me, putted one time, any walk back to where he came from. I gave him 30 minutes or so then I started for the Ridge. As I got to the Ridge, the wind picked up so I decided to go low on the other side. I set up about a third of the way from the bottom and enjoyed some deer jerky. I started some soft calling on a slate call and I had one hammer below me. A few short minutes later, a hen came from the bottom and walked 5 yards from me. I said still and she continued on her way back to my left. A few minutes later he hammered again. I gave him a few soft yelps, put my call down and there he was 25 yards down the hill and the woods. Every gobble, every spit and drum I could almost feel his chest, and I'm almost sure he could feel mine as well. He got within 10 yards and I couldn't wait any longer. A good old West Virginia Limb Hanger gobbled one last time.

25.2 #
1-1/2" spurs

What a hammer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mathews.1

Congratulations don't kill many like that in WV

Tom007

Captain Hook there!!! Congrats!
"Solo hunter"

zelmo1

Kygobblergetter

That's a stud! Congratulations! Sounds like a fun hunt as well

JeffC

Congrats on the Limb Hanger, 10 yds, better man than me, couldnt wait that long.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Happy

Very nice! That's a good un! Congrats!

Good-looking and Platinum level member of the Elitist club

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Dmason3

That's awesome

aclawrence

Holy smokes that's a tank!!!!  Congrats man. You'll be in the running for the biggest bird of the whole contest with that one. That is awesome. Let's go strut stoppers!

aclawrence

Nevermind, I looked at the wrong post

wvhoyt19

Quote from: aclawrence on April 16, 2024, 11:41:30 AM
Holy smokes that's a tank!!!!  Congrats man. You'll be in the running for the biggest bird of the whole contest with that one. That is awesome. Let's go strut stoppers!

Thanks man! Personally ol hooks will be hard for me to beat but im gonna try lol

dzsmith

Good job. Still hunting for one of those hunts this year
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

aclawrence

Quote from: wvhoyt19 on April 16, 2024, 12:11:32 PM
Quote from: aclawrence on April 16, 2024, 11:41:30 AM

Thanks man! Personally ol hooks will be hard for me to beat but im gonna try lol

That's part of the fun. You never know what you've got until you put your hands on one, but it's always just as fun no matter what they've got.

turkey harvester

My lawd what a monster!! Congrats
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Turkeyman

Congrats. Really good bird.