Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Doubled up on next years gobblers

Started by Deputy 14, April 15, 2024, 10:12:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deputy 14

Had a great hunt this morning other than the birds we killed weren't the ones we were after.
Had two hammering at the bottom of the mountain and was trying to figure out a game plan. My buddy saw two birds coming a couple hundred yards off and the two gobbling had shut up so we assumed they were just out of breath from walking up these godforsaken mountains. Got set up and they came in below a log road so we couldn't see much more than their heads. Once they both cleared we shot and watched them both flop about 250 yards to the bottom of the hollow. Finally got to them and realized we had killed a pair of jakes. Thought it was odd they had such good gobbles so I got a call out and yelped, sure enough the two gobblers were still in the same spot. I guess if nothing else they will still taste great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RutnNStrutn

RutnNStrutn

Hey, at least Team GNH has 28.875 more points!! :icon_thumright: Now get out there and shoot an upgrade!!! :funnyturkey:

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

WildSpur

Good job!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

suburbhunter

That's right Rut. Points on the board. I'm sure an upgrade is in your future.  :turkey2: