turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I normally use ONX change my mind

Started by Elidepew05, April 14, 2024, 03:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elidepew05

I normally use ONX but looking to maybe swap. I like ONX better but HuntWise gives phone number to the landowner ONX doesn't. I'm looking to maybe to swap to another map app this spring. Any suggestions

joey46

Why am I chuckling?

Friend uses OnX.  He's happy with it.  Never heard a complaint from him regarding that system.  You're going to get some complaints on it's general use but maybe a new school guy uses one of the options and can give some advice.  Good luck.

outdoorsmen

10th Legionaire

From what I've heard OnX included landowners contact information when they first started. The same source said they eventually dropped it because of landowners complaints.

I'm on my first season using OnX and I'm kind of with outdoorsmen in that the imagery is lacking.
Less is more

btomlin

I'm on year 3 of Basemap.  Got entire US for same cost that onyx charges for a single state.    Has worked well for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bowbird87

Sixes

Not sure which is better, but if you called me out of the blue to try to hunt, it would not go to well

Howie g

I've never tried any thing but onX .
I've noticed the property boundary lines are
Sometimes not 100 % accurate.

Tail Feathers

I found On X much easier to use than Hunt stand.  But I'm learning more about Hunt stand and it's cheaper so I'll stick with it.  Never tried Hunt Wise. 
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

silvestris

I've been using Base Map and for the most part I am satisfied. I hate Onex Topo maps.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Cowboy

Quote from: Howie g on April 14, 2024, 09:25:53 PM
I've never tried any thing but onX .
I've noticed the property boundary lines are
Sometimes not 100 % accurate.
X2

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

Upfold99

I use onx and huntstand. Sometimes both intermittently.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

runngun

I have both OnX and Huntstand Pro. They are different, and offer other options.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

NCSWAMPFOX

was onx and just switched to huntsatand. could not be happier

hillbillyfab

I currently use OnX, but downloaded huntstand to learn it. The price creeping up caused me to look at other options.