OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

First Gobbler....

Started by wtrbrdm, April 13, 2024, 08:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GobbleNut

Quote from: wtrbrdm on April 13, 2024, 08:13:13 PM
...at almost 50...good lord.
Not sure why I waited so long to hunt turkey....just too busy chasing tuna offshore I suppose.  But now....now I get it.

Congratulations on your first...great gobbler for your starter (and any other time, as well).  ...Although you have missed out on a few decades of what you now "get".   :D ;D
I have a number of old hunting acquaintances who are avid big game and upland hunters who have never gone spring gobbler hunting and look at me "sideways" and wonder what is wrong with me when I "wax poetically" about it.  My response to them has always been this:
"At your age, don't ever start chasing spring gobblers now.  If you do, you will seriously regret all of those years you missed by not starting a long time ago"...   ::)
Yep,...they just "don't get it", either....  :D

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

nitro

Royal Slam 2008

WV Flopper

bbcoach

CONGRATS!  You will always remember this hunt!  I took an 81-year-old last spring.  He killed his first bird and I was more excited than he was.  Great sport IMO.

Wvgobbler

Congratulations!!! Your definitely hooked now lol!!!

surehuntsalot

congrats on your first of many
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

SwampRooster17

Congrats on your first!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RutnNStrutn

Congrats on your first gobbler!! Welcome to the addiction!!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Brillo

That is a great beautiful bird and a great one to start with. 

1iagobblergetter

Congrats! My favorite addiction! 25yrs at it and i love it even more Everytime....

wtrbrdm

Thanks for the kind words.  Tagged out this morning after a 30 minute run and gun, which was insane.  Heading to TX in 2 weeks for a work trip...will try to get a Rio while there.  Hooked...definitely.  Good luck to everyone this season.
21lb
8" beard
1" spurs

357MAGNOLE

Heck of a start! Great job! Took me 4 seasons to kill first and 10 years to tag out.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

tomstopper

eddie234

That's a nice one. Congratulations

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro