Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

reflexl hunt log

Started by reflexl, April 12, 2024, 12:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reflexl

I start in the morning. Very little of my normal pre-season prep done. Passed over 50 kidney stones in the last couple of weeks and ended up with a bad UTI. Feeling like a human today. I won't be able to run and gun tomorrow but I am going to hunt one way or another. Going to use a chair in a blind. A mans gotta do what a mans gotta do. If I get time to ready the smoke pole tonight I'll take it but more than likely the 28 gauge is going. Going to try to run by the farm and make sure the blind didn't get destroyed by the high winds. Wish me luck.

I hit one of my deer blinds Saturday morning. Untill I am a bit more mobile that will have to do. I didn't hear the first gobble but I had a hen stay behind me for about 2 hours. She was feeding then she started strutting. Not the first strutting hen I have seen but I have never seen one do it this long. When I left the blind for the morning I road the property. Din't see another bird and only a few deer. I went across the highway to my favorite turkey spot-the gap. I truthfully don't know how many birds I have killed in that little spot. I put out one of my turkey seats and a ground net up so I could get in there quickly Sunday morning.

Sunday 4/14
I arrived just a little late. I was headed for the gap.  3 different birds gobbled up the hill from me but still a bit weak to chase them. I decided to head to the gap and see if I could call something up. I heard a few distant gobbles but nothing workable. Knowing that there were birds on Indian hill and came up with a plan for Saturday morning. I am going to st up some turkey seats in the edges of the little field which is within 200 yards of where those birds were Sunday.

JeffC

That hurts just thinking about it. Only time I ever had to rush my wife to emergency room was for kidney stones, said it was worse than childbirth.  Glad you're feeling better. Good luck, safe and successful hunt!
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

crow

Sorry to hear that, hope your feeling some better and good success to you tomorrow

9 out of 10 new age healers recommend Little Debbie's oatmeal cakes for UTI issues

Paulmyr

Time to get some white meat in that diet! Good Luck!
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

reflexl

The little 28 shoots great. Here it is at 40 yards.

eggshell

Good luck. I am headed to Ky for their opener in the morning. Then next Saturday 4/20 Ohio opens.

JeffC

Good luck ES, safe travels and good luck hunting.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Happy

Good luck guys!

Good-looking and Platinum level member of the Elitist club

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

crow

reflexl

Here is what happend Sunday and the plan for Saturday

Happy

That diagram made me dizzy. I see you conveniently left out where your stash of little Debbie cream pies are located.

Good-looking and Platinum level member of the Elitist club

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

GobbleNut

Quote from: Happy on April 16, 2024, 08:38:21 AM
That diagram made me dizzy. I see you conveniently left out where your stash of little Debbie cream pies are located.

:TooFunny: ;D
I like the diagram idea, though.  I wish I was smart enough to figure out how to do that...   :) :toothy12:
...Get 'em, reflexl...   :icon_thumright:

crow

Good plan Refex
That looks like something on that Oak Island tv show

reflexl

Quote from: crow on April 16, 2024, 01:00:22 PM
Good plan Refex
That looks like something on that Oak Island tv show

Thats where I got the ideal!