OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Sons first turkey!

Started by Seminole Custom Calls, April 11, 2024, 10:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Custom Calls

Words can't even come close to describe this feeling. This little guy did and awesome Job and i couldn't be more proud of him. He had been begging me to go this year so we started  out by taking him to listen and try to roost a few birds which turned out to be more difficult than I thought it would be. We hunted all day Saturday and didn't hear a single bird until we were leaving this bird gobbled one time on the limb. He wanted to sleep in Sunday morning so I figured we knew roughly where this bird was roosting so we would slip in the evening  and try to catch him coming back.  We finally got back I'm and set up and got this bird to gobble around 5:45 and when he did he was close I could feel My sons heart beating faster while he was sitting I my lap.  it didn't take long and I could hear the bird drumming  to our i got him situated and told him to get ready shortly after that the bird stepped out at about 30 yards i told my son to put the dot on the base of his neck and slowly squeeze the trigger and he did just that. The Best part about all of it though is I know hes going to have it just as bad as i do because he's asked me every day this week if we can go turkey hunting as soon as I walk through the door from work.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

WV Flopper

That's awesome.

Congratulations to the boy, and you!

Marc

Great story!  Lucky kid...  Lucky dad!
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Turkeybutt

The birds as big as the boy, good thing pop was there to help carry it out.
Great story and fantastic photos. Thanks for sharing.

JeffC

Congratulations to the young hunter, awesome story and pictures Dad, thanks for sharing.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Zobo

Beautiful!
Congratulations on a great first bird! :z-guntootsmiley:  You did it!  :blob10: :jackson:
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Muzzy61

Congrats to the young hunter, and you to Dad. Thanks for sharing the story.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

ScottTaulbee

That's special right there!!. There is nothing like that, my son killed his first Sunday morning and he ate turkey 3 times a day for 2 days and is wanting to go with me when our adult season opens.  Congratulations to you both and soak it all in!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joey46

jmart241

Congrats that's awesome great pictures

eddie234

That's awesome, congratulations

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Vintage

Congrats to both. Nice Bird.

crucible02

Excellent! Congratulations! Can't imagine a better feeling than your child killing their first bird!
Jesus is the answer!

CAPTJJ