turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Rio in Texas

Started by hipp2412, April 11, 2024, 08:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hipp2412

It took me 2 days to figure out my area and what the birds were doing. I had birds hanging up and I had no clue why until I headed to them. The birds were behind a high fence on another property. I set up near the fence and the birds were fired up but they would not come near the fence. I did call in 4 Kudos. lol
We went to another property and I did some cut and run. First stop had 4 birds going. I got settled under a tree and i had the bird in my lap in about 5 minutes. He put on quite a show. 22lbs, 8 3/8 beard, 7/8 inch spurs.  Need a Merriam yet and my slam will be done.
Hipp

Tail Feathers

Congrats!  Those Rios can be a total blast to hunt.  They aren't afraid to gobble or travel to you.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

joey46

Yoder409

CONGRATS !!!

Love west Texas Rios !!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

JeffC

Congrats good luck on the Merriam.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Turkeybutt

Congratulations on a fine bird!

Heritage

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Cowboy

Congrats on the Rio

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

surehuntsalot

congrats on your bird
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

tomstopper

Wvgobbler

turkey stew

Congrats on that fine Rio.

squidd

sounds like the good kind of turkey drama - congrats!