OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Epic Shotshell Company / Special Offer

Started by Greg Massey, April 11, 2024, 09:25:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brinkcalls

Quote from: Marc on April 18, 2024, 09:19:59 PMGood gosh who wants to shoot a load that hot?  2 3/8 oz?  I am currently shooting 1 1/4 oz and 1 3/8 oz...  I am not worried about shooting rabid bears that stumble upon me while turkey hunting...

My gosh I bet that kicks. Wonder what they could pack into a 3.5" load. 2 3/4oz?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marc

Calculating (using my old algebra skills, that my children say they will never use), I came up with about a 2.8 oz load...

Good grief, we are shooting a bird ON THE GROUND with a shotgun...  Yes, I'd like to shoot them with a superior load, but I would not go to an RPG if they let us...

Personally, I'd like to see a TSS/Hevi-shot load in the 14-15 g/cc range with a few more pellets of larger size (making larger holes).  1 5/8 oz payload #7's with plenty of pellets, and with that density I would expect a pass-through at 40 yards.  But alas, I feel the ammunition companies are catering to what the average hunter thinks is better, than with what would actually work better in many cases.  Sell what sells...
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Sungrazer

Not to derail but as someone invested heavily in IL as well, I've been hoping for this as I have a 7 year old who's ready next season.

https://www.ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=4237&GAID=17&DocTypeID=HB&SessionID=112&GA=103
[/quote]
Thank you for sharing that!

Cowboy

Big Pensel's Outdoors did a review on YouTube on these shells. Don't watch it though. His 3 shotguns performed terribly. But it appeared to be operator error. Trying to shoot offhand, etc. That doesn't make for a consistent aim point. I bet Epic was cringing after seeing it.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk