OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Epic Shotshell Company / Special Offer

Started by Greg Massey, April 11, 2024, 09:25:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

Epic Shotshell is known for their waterfowl TSS loads and has entered the market with a limited run of Turkey Tungsten TSS shells. They are offering free shipping and 30 percent off with code: BCO30

So if interested go and check their website and see if they have anything in TSS / Turkey loads that you might like ...

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Sungrazer

Only had 8 shot when I checked a couple days ago, was going to order 9.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Sungrazer on April 13, 2024, 01:44:55 PM
Only had 8 shot when I checked a couple days ago, was going to order 9.

I bought the 8's myself after i saw how much better 8's penetrated ballistic gelatin so much better than 9/10 TSS .. For myself i was more interested in penetration than the number of shots. 

Sungrazer

8's it is.
$40.60 shipped is too good to pass up for TSS. They threw a great pattern for the Blue Collar Outdoors crew!

Greg Massey

Quote from: Sungrazer on April 17, 2024, 02:14:38 PM
8's it is.
$40.60 shipped is too good to pass up for TSS. They threw a great pattern for the Blue Collar Outdoors crew!

I agree it was just too good to pass up so I grabbed some of the 28 ga myself ...

Sungrazer

Lucky dog you, I talked to our head Turkey guy for Illinois last year and he said he's working on sub-gauges to be legal in Illinois, but, not yet.
I so lust for a 28ga.
I will say that after buying my first 20ga. three years ago the 12ga. Hasn't seen any use...

Big Jeremy

I got some 8s...time will tell on how they pattern, but I did notice that they don't "feel" as consistent as other brands. Some of them rattle more, and the shot doesn't come all the way to the clear overshot card on some. It's almost like either not enough buffer was put in, or it already leaked out.

I figure they'll still pattern just fine, and it was a great deal for TSS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Quote from: Big Jeremy on April 18, 2024, 04:35:47 PM
I got some 8s...time will tell on how they pattern, but I did notice that they don't "feel" as consistent as other brands. Some of them rattle more, and the shot doesn't come all the way to the clear overshot card on some. It's almost like either not enough buffer was put in, or it already leaked out.

I figure they'll still pattern just fine, and it was a great deal for TSS.

I noticed the same with the Apex in the 28 ga. myself ...

Big Jeremy

Yeah, I figure most other brands have some of that. Even noticed it on one of my hand loads the other day!

Marc

Good gosh who wants to shoot a load that hot?  2 3/8 oz?  I am currently shooting 1 1/4 oz and 1 3/8 oz...  I am not worried about shooting rabid bears that stumble upon me while turkey hunting...

Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Big Jeremy

That is a pretty hot 12 gauge load.

Greg Massey

Hey some poeple still use 3 1/2 inch 12 ga. and 10 ga for turkey hunting ...

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: Greg Massey on April 20, 2024, 10:11:49 AM
Hey some poeple still use 3 1/2 inch 12 ga. and 10 ga for turkey hunting ...
That's true. I still use a 3 1/2" and if I ever switched to TSS I'd be shooting the 12 gauge 3".

mdmitchell

Quote from: Sungrazer on April 17, 2024, 02:37:00 PMLucky dog you, I talked to our head Turkey guy for Illinois last year and he said he's working on sub-gauges to be legal in Illinois, but, not yet.
I so lust for a 28ga.
I will say that after buying my first 20ga. three years ago the 12ga. Hasn't seen any use...
Not to derail but as someone invested heavily in IL as well, I've been hoping for this as I have a 7 year old who's ready next season.

https://www.ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=4237&GAID=17&DocTypeID=HB&SessionID=112&GA=103