OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What call is this?

Started by Slammer, April 09, 2024, 10:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slammer

Digging through old calls and found an old snuff can / tube call style call. It is made of aluminum and has a NWTF JAKES logo and a Quaker Boy logo on it. It measures 1 3/4 inches high and 1 3/16 inches in diameter. Anyone know what make and model it is?

Bedge7767

I don't know what model it is but it's cool.
Jim

Lcmacd 58

Is that what they call a snuff can call ?
Similar to a tube call.

Slammer

Quote from: Lcmacd 58 on April 10, 2024, 05:40:19 AM
Is that what they call a snuff can call ?
Similar to a tube call.

Yes. I'm trying to find out which manufacturer made it. I'm assuming Quaker Boy but I haven't been able to verify that. I may have to contact them directly but was hoping someone on here would recognize it.

Upfold99

Is it homemade with stickers put on it?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

tad1

looks like a homemade tube call to me?  Never snuffed much  baccy so not sure of the brand.
  JT

tad1

Looks like American snuff company brand

Sir-diealot

The printing on it looks like the style Quaker Boy was using in the mid 90's but Primos used very similar as well though I remembers theirs looking far more refined. Found this old thread, may relate. http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php?topic=2106.0
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

silvestris

You are correct.  It is just a "homemade" snuff can caller.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Slammer

Based on the way the sticker was applied, it doesn't look like something Quaker Boy would do. I will say if it's homemade, they did a perfect job of cutting out the top and bottom - definitely done with a machine.

EZ

It looks exactly like the one I had from Quaker Boy back in the 70's. Same can, same camo tape except for the Jakes sticker.

Slammer

Quote from: EZ on April 10, 2024, 02:35:37 PM
It looks exactly like the one I had from Quaker Boy back in the 70's. Same can, same camo tape except for the Jakes sticker.

I'll bet that's what is going here. It's a Quaker Boy call that either me, or someone else, put a Jakes/QB sticker on. Any chance you remember what QB called this call?

Turkeyman62

It's a Quaker Boy snuff can (Tube Caller)
A Gobbler Yelp Spring Or Fall Is A Long Conversation..

tal

Bottomland OG

I can remember my dad and a few other fella's making them and rapping that old camo tape around them back 40+ years ago. You definitely have a conversation piece.