turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Check This Out

Started by Kytomgetter, April 03, 2024, 02:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crow

This sounds like a setup, did they find more crickets per square foot than what should be there naturally.          I guess now any cricket  that falls into a long natural depression  is going to be cricket trenching bait

GobbleNut

Quote from: crow on April 03, 2024, 03:27:29 PM
This sounds like a setup, did they find more crickets per square foot than what should be there naturally.          I guess now any cricket  that falls into a long natural depression  is going to be cricket trenching bait

Exactly.  How could this be anything other than a set-up?  Sounds like somebody was trying to get this guy in trouble.  Really?  Crickets? 
Something is really fishy about that entire story...   ::)
That wasn't published on April 1st was it?  Sounds like an April Fool's joke to me...

Spurs

Ok, I may be the dumb one here, but what other reason would a landowner release crickets onto their property????
This year is going to suck!!!

Old Gobbler

I'm sure there is more to the story than what is published

Let me tell you a story of how a guy admitted to me and witnesses ...he crossed a fence(tresspassed) onto a neighboring property , deliberately spread corn all over the place , then called the FWC ..he got some un-suspecting hunters one of whome was well placed in a nwtf ...in big trouble
....it was a setup ..he did it because they would sit on the other side of the fence and call birds over ...

I was invited onto that lease ....and I got right out of there and never came back ,

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Marc

I have a number of questions?

How many crickets would be need to actually attract turkeys?
Where would one get those crickets, and how much would it cost?
How would you get enough crickets to attract turkeys to stay in a small enough area to continue attracting them for any time?
Why would you use crickets over grain (which would be cheaper, and not walk away from the baited area)?
Unless you actually caught someone baiting with crickets, how would one prove they were baited?

We sometimes see "hatches" of thousands of crickets in our area...  Our duck blinds are black with them every season, and we have to kill them.  Some years ago, contracting in a prison, was like working on the set of a Hitchcock movie with the numbers of crickets we had inside and outside.  They would be in and on my equipment, and I had them crawling on myself and all over my clothes when I got home...
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Swamp_870

Crickets...Hahahahahahahahahaha

I could see this going either way and we'll probably never know what really happened.

Regardless of the Commissioner knowing the area was baited or not...he probably pissed the wrong group of people off and they want him out of office.