OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

SCAMMERS

Started by bbcoach, April 02, 2024, 06:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbcoach

I want to touch base with everyone and give you a FIRST HAND account of a Scam that was sent to me at 6:10 am this morning.  I was interested in a pot call being sold by a member and told them I would take the call.  Shortly after I responded, I received a PM from an EGG member (0 posts, First Red Flag) sending me an E-mail address (second RED flag) to respond to.  Third Red Flag, it had Cheers as a Greeting.  I want to THANK Shannon for informing ALL of us of what can happen if we don't HEED his warnings on Scammers.  PLEASE BE AWARE and VIGILENT!!!  This CAN happen to you!

Tom007

Quote from: bbcoach on April 02, 2024, 06:19:18 PM
I want to touch base with everyone and give you a FIRST HAND account of a Scam that was sent to me at 6:10 am this morning.  I was interested in a pot call being sold by a member and told them I would take the call.  Shortly after I responded, I received a PM from an EGG member (0 posts, First Red Flag) sending me an E-mail address to respond to.  Second Red Flag, it had Cheers as a Greeting.  I want to THANK Shannon for informing ALL of us of what can happen if we don't HEED his warnings on Scammers.  PLEASE BE AWARE and VIGILENT!!!  This CAN happen to you!

I saw that, the crystal screamer. Was a good price, figures it was a scam. Thank God you dodged him and figured him out....
"Solo hunter"

davisd9

Quote from: Tom007 on April 02, 2024, 06:27:10 PM
I want to touch base with everyone and give you a FIRST HAND account of a Scam that was sent to me at 6:10 am this morning.  I was interested in a pot call being sold by a member and told them I would take the call.  Shortly after I responded, I received a PM from an EGG member (0 posts, First Red Flag) sending me an E-mail address to respond to.  Second Red Flag, it had Cheers as a Greeting.  I want to THANK Shannon for informing ALL of us of what can happen if we don't HEED his warnings on Scammers.  PLEASE BE AWARE and VIGILENT!!!  This CAN happen to you!

I saw that, the crystal screamer. Was a good price, figures it was a scam. Thank God you dodged him and figured him out....

Guy selling was legit. Someone else tried pretending to be the other person.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Big Jeremy

Same guy has another one listed now. If he's legit, you may want to check and see if he's doing something wrong or his email is hacked or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joey46

Just sold a TK2000 on another forum.  No problems but me the seller and him the buyer checked each other out thoroughly.  These deals can be done but never in a hurry.  When they appear to be rushed smell a rat.

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: Tom007 on April 02, 2024, 06:27:10 PM

Yeah the guy selling it is 100% legit. I talk to him on a daily basis and have done trades with him. Would consider him a great friend I've made from this site.

bbcoach

Guy selling was legit. Someone else tried pretending to be the other person.

Yes, the guy selling was TOTALLY legit.  The scammer got between my reply and the seller and tried to get me to gmail them for a QUICK response.  DO NOT fall for the SCAMS!  HEED the warnings Shannon is telling us about and don't get taken in.

Remember what Shannon has put in place.  Zero (EGG) or low posters are a DEAD giveaway.  Americans don't say CHEERS.  Only communicate thru OG via PM (no outside E-mail like gmail).  Pay with PAYPAL only.

cgarner1

Ain't trying to scam anybody, just trying to abide by all the classifieds rules best I can. Im sure other members can vouch for me on here if anyone has any doubts

bbcoach

Quote from: cgarner1 on April 02, 2024, 08:09:05 PM
Ain't trying to scam anybody, just trying to abide by all the classifieds rules best I can. Im sure other members can vouch for me on here if anyone has any doubts
Great guy to deal with.  Someone beat me to the punch.  I was a little late (as usual).  I made sure I let him know, we had been targeted.

Tom007

Quote from: cgarner1 on April 02, 2024, 08:09:05 PM

No worries my friend, it seemed legit when I saw it listed. It's a shame that someone tried to drag you into a problem. No harm, Be safe.......
"Solo hunter"

Sanders153

It's sad the lengths these scammers will go to try and take advantage of someone innocent like that. I'm glad they didn't get their way! Good job catching them in their nonsense. I am very glad as well that the legit OG member who is one of our own with the listing was able to be recognized, some of these con artists are very talented at deception these days

runngun

The same thing happened to me a while back. Sent pm with Same username except for a period at the end.  I always check profile and post count. They'll also use Same username but a capital letter or instead of "o" they will use a zero.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

aclawrence

Unfortunately this happened to someone on here who thought they were buying two turkey totes from me. The scammer used my email somehow and the member paid him. Then he realized the scammer had a different username than me and had zero post.  I felt terrible because he was out $150 and I would have loved to made that sell. Be careful guys.

Tnandy

Hey fellas, I am the one who offered to buy the call from garner. He has already sent me a pic of the PO receipt with my info on it. Dropped it in the mail today. Been very cordial to deal with. I will leave feedback when received just to make sure his name is clear.

Greg Massey

A lot of good information was shared in these posts and I'm glad the scammer was caught... Everyone just needs to follow the rules and help each other...

Thanks Shannon for having rules in place..

We all hate scammers