OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

North mountain gear decision

Started by RiverRoost, April 02, 2024, 06:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRoost

For those of you with the north mountain gear pullover, do you prefer the hood or no hood? Looking at the 1/2 zip but trying to decide on hood or not. 

357MAGNOLE

I like having my hood.

I didn't really care when I ordered it but figured worse case it could just stay behind my head. Ended up forgetting a face mask one day and realized quickly the hood can work in a pinch. I also feel in conjunction with their mask it helps set your face back some more, like into the shadows almost.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

kytrkyhntr

I like having the hood, gives me peace of mind on some set ups.
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

SwampRooster17

I also prefer the jacket w a hood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

jdl80

Hood for sure. You have the option to use it or not use it. You can also sort of bunch it up high around yer neck for a little more concealment without the hood up. My only gripe is I wish the side pockets had zippers, but it's really nit picking. I've run mine in the swamps for turkey, hog, ducks, and some deer for four years now.  Pretty quality leaf jacket.

wchadw

I'd go hood. Nice to have option to flip it up for quick setup
I love the big pocket in front to put calls etc in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nathan_Wiles

I prefer the full zip no hood. I didn't ever pull the hood up. Maybe I should have.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

King Cobra

I have one with and one without, I prefer the one with the hood.
Thanks to all who share this great passion and the wealth of knowledge you bring to this board.

paboxcall

Quote from: King Cobra on April 02, 2024, 06:59:58 PM
I have one with and one without, I prefer the one with the hood.

As do I, but I prefer it without the hood.

Hood falls too far forward and cuts off my peripheral vision. Starting using a small head band around the neck of the hood to help pull it back away from the sides of my face.

Just my experience and why I prefer no hood.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

WVhuntEER

10th Legionaire

I just bought one but I went no hood. I wear a boogie hat with an attached bee keeper grade head net that is also leafy. My thought was it would just be something else to get hung up in briars, brambles and limbs
Less is more

ShortMagFan

No hood. I actually have a hood on mine and have rolled it up and zip tied it to keep it out of the way

Notsoyoungturk

I like hood.  Can move my head some inside the hood without it moving.  Can leave down if I want.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

skimerhorn