Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

GA Opener Updated

Started by Roost 1, March 29, 2024, 09:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roost 1

Made it down to my buddies place late this evening. However I wasn't able to roost any this evening.  Hopefully I'll find one that wants to play in the morning. The foliage isn't nearly as green as usual. I might should have waited a week.  Here is a pic of some of his deer heads all killed on his place over the years.  No giants but you can tell he loves to deer hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cannonball

3seasons

Good luck in the morning and the rest of your time there.

zelmo1

You will get on em bro. Z

paintbrush

Best of luck down there. Hunt safe!

callaway71

Should have waited my rear. Congrats! Lol

Roost 1

Slight upgrade coming..... headed to KY first tho....

FullChoke

Quote from: Roost 1 on March 30, 2024, 12:22:22 PM
Slight upgrade coming..... headed to KY first tho....

Yeah, baby! Congratulations. I am pumped up to see team mates dropping multiple birds on the scorecard. 
Cheers  ;D   :jackson:

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

xarcher

Well as long as you're headed towards more hunting, by all means take your time posting.

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

Roost 1

Headed down to my buddy's place in North GA Friday afternoon.
I did not get there in time to roost any so Saturday morning I went into a familiar creek bottom where birds usually roost. Noticed a lack of scratching  while slipping in well before daylight.  Usually I can hear birds for a longs ways from the spot however  I never heard a  gobble yesterday.  After what I considered to be past fly down, I started some blind calling on a trumpet and glass pot.  I did not get any response  however it wasn't long and I could hear some scratching down the creek. Eventually 2 hens worked their way up the  bottom below me. They worked their way on down the creek past me and after waiting a good while, and hearing several shots all around 7 to be exact, I did some more calling. I believe the same two hens came back up the creek and hung around in the bottom for a while.  Although these hens never made a sound, it wasn't long and I could hear something walking up on the ridge. As I was watching I saw a red head pop up over the ridge, and then another and another, four total. It was obvious they were hearing the hens scratching below me and the lead bird went into strut. Fortunately I was in between the hens and the gobblers.  They slowly made their way down the ridge and when they got in range I took the strutter.  Once again I have to thank my buddy for allowing me on his property, my wife for allowing me to do the things I love, and the good Lord for all his blessings.
I hope yall enjoy my story, although I'm not a good story teller like some of our team-mates,  and some of the pics from my short trip.
BTW: I sitting here in KY listening to birds hammer as I'm typing this up.
Happy Easter to all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

callaway71

Congrats again! Less than two weeks and I hope to share a story too.

Roost 1

Quote from: callaway71 on March 31, 2024, 08:29:55 AM
Congrats again! Less than two weeks and I hope to share a story too.

Maybe you'll let me tag along next weekend and we can share a story.

zelmo1

Dude I might retire and be your gun bearer, lol. You definitely get it done. When I grow up I want to be a turkey man like ole Roost1. Z  :funnyturkey:

3seasons

Congrats!! Right place at the right time.
Happy Easter!!!

GobbleNut

You're on a roll, Rooster!  Congrats, buddy!   :icon_thumright: