Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Might need a little help

Started by turkey harvester, March 29, 2024, 08:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey harvester

I might need a little help keeping up with the contest this year, scoring and such. This year has been probably the worst year for my wife and I. Some know but I've been raising a granddaughter, just like my own daughter since she was 4 months old. She was my fishing and deer hunting buddy. Well I got a call Labor Day weekend that she had passed away. She also stayed with her other grandparents as well. She was with them when we got the call early one Sunday morning that changed our lives forever. On top of all this I'm trying to move a complete welding shop and classroom to a new career center. Plus the fact I'm gonna retire from education this year after 23 years. I'll have limited internet access at school here soon and kind of crappy internet at home, lol. So if I don't put your bird in the score in a timely manner shoot me a pm. It comes through to my email. It's been 6 months and I'm still scattered brained as ever and a pain I truly hope no parent ever has to go through. But I'll do my best to keep up with the entries and a current running score. I appreciate you guys.   Jeff
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Happy

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, sir. Words can't really describe that kind of heartbreak. Thoughts and prayers sent, and I hope in time that you can find some peace.

Good-looking and Platinum level member of the Elitist club

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

aclawrence

I'm sorry to hear of the passing of your granddaughter. I can't imagine the pain y'all have experienced.  My daughter is turning 14 this year and she is my treasure.  I'm happy to help out however I can with the contest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moore

Jeff I'm so sorry for your loss I can't imagine what you are going through. You take care of yourself and your wife that's what is important.  I can help if you need it  when you need it. Just let me know.
[

Kygobblergetter

I'm very sorry to hear that. We appreciate what you do and will do our best to help out

birdman67

Jeff, I am so sorry to hear about this. I can't imagine what y'all have been through. Thanks for keeping up with things and I'm sure some of us can help out some this year.
Loving God's Creation!

wvhoyt19

Oh my Jeff! I am sorry to hear and i will pray for you and your family!!

Sir-diealot

Guy I am so very sorry. I have been through friends doing it twice and can't imagine how much more the hurt would be with family. Said a prayer for you, hope you fine solace in your memories, think on the good times.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

turkey harvester

Guys thank you for your support. You guys are top notch!! I'm on a school trip right now but I'll be checking to see if anyone kills periodically.
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA