OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

A new forum !!! Vintage Turkey Guns....

Started by Yoder409, March 29, 2024, 10:30:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder409

Noticed last night that Shannon has added a new forum for vintage turkey guns.   It's under "Turkey Guns & Shooting".

For those of you/us who like to go old skool at times.....
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

ScottTaulbee

Likely to ruffle some feathers but had dreamed of owning a Belgium Browning Auto 5 since a kid when I saw my papaw and uncle shooting theirs. My papaw had a set of all the models and gauges of the Auto 5. Anyway, fall of 2019 I got the opportunity to buy a 1964 Magnum 12 at a price I could afford and got it. I duck hunted with it that winter and this is the first turkey I took with it that following spring. It came with a 26" Japanese barrel that accepts choke tubes and the original 32" fixed full barrel with no rib. I have taken a boatload of waterfowl with it since, a truck load of dove, shot sporting clays, shot 97 out of 100 with it in my first registered ATA trap shoot, and won a 300$ custom duck call with it last year at a trap shoot in extremely high winds. 40+ mph. This season I'll be using it with the original barrel to turkey hunt again. This was my dream gun for 20 years for me and it's one that I wouldn't take 1mil for. It'll be passed down with the condition that it can never be sold or traded outside of the family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShootingABN!

My Father has one of those Belgium Browning. 28" Modified barrel, only takes 2 3/4". My grandfather (his father in law)sold it to him. I believe when mom and dad got married.  It hold a lot of sentimental value.  Dad is so proud of that gun. I've never shot it.
I might just have to turkey hunt with it at least once.

Joneshunter

My dad had a 20 gauge a5 from when he was a kid and that thing shot like a dream.. I wish I could change chokes might have to buy another barrel but the ejector broke so when I shoot a shell it doesn't kick out... when it was fully functional that thing shot amazing

James gang

Have my grandpa's old A-5 it's priceless to me.I swear when I shoot that thing and smell the gunpowder it feels like he's sitting right next to me.

grayfox

Scott that brings back some old memories. I still have my Dad's old A-5 Light Twelve & still love that gun. It used to seem like it just shot where I looked. When I was a young man around where I grew up if you wanted a gun to bang every time you pulled the trigger you bought a Browning A-5. I still think they are one of the best shotguns ever made.

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: ShootingABN! on March 29, 2024, 11:45:16 AM
My Father has one of those Belgium Browning. 28" Modified barrel, only takes 2 3/4". My grandfather (his father in law)sold it to him. I believe when mom and dad got married.  It hold a lot of sentimental value.  Dad is so proud of that gun. I've never shot it.
I might just have to turkey hunt with it at least once.
You absolutely should!

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: James gang on March 29, 2024, 01:38:22 PM
Have my grandpa's old A-5 it's priceless to me.I swear when I shoot that thing and smell the gunpowder it feels like he's sitting right next to me.
I believe that buddy!

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: grayfox on March 29, 2024, 01:46:14 PM
Scott that brings back some old memories. I still have my Dad's old A-5 Light Twelve & still love that gun. It used to seem like it just shot where I looked. When I was a young man around where I grew up if you wanted a gun to bang every time you pulled the trigger you bought a Browning A-5. I still think they are one of the best shotguns ever made.
Yes sir, knock on wood I've never had it not go bang. When I got it I replaced the springs, the friction rings and the friction brakes. It still has the original wooden plug in it. I personally would take it over any shotgun on the market. I don't use it as much as I'd like because I'm trying to maintain the original finish, but I make it a point to use it any time I'm wing shooting, or have the kids with me!.

ScottTaulbee

Here's a few more pictures of it