Started by Kygobblergetter, March 27, 2024, 06:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvhoyt19

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kygobblergetter

Quote from: Dmason3 on April 03, 2024, 01:30:29 AM
Quote from: Kygobblergetter on March 27, 2024, 06:52:03 PM
My season is officially underway. Unfortunately my first trip is over and I'm empty handed. The hunt was still a complete success though. I went with my usual travel buddy and we started on some heavily hunted public land in Florida in an attempt to finish his grand slam, a goal he's been 3/4 of the way to finishing for the last 14 years. On just the second morning we had a great roost hunt and he killed his Osceola just a minute or two after the bird hit the ground. We spent the rest of that day and most of the next in the same area without hearing a bird so we went to Mississippi where I had drawn a public land voucher. Unfortunately weather and birds didn't cooperate at all and we left after 3 days without hearing a single gobble. We had some rough hunting but I'm honored to have been a part of finishing his slam. I've actually been with him for the full slam now which was pretty cool.

How crazy is public ground in Florida?

It was pretty busy but not awful. It was second week of season when we were there and they have a daily quota. Lots of people but we got to hunt and never had anyone screw us up

turkey harvester

I get to take my 2 nephews Sunday morning. We're hoping for a repeat of last year. Hunt last year took a whole 2-3 minutes after they pitched down. My brother was there sunday and seen 8 strutters where we're gonna be. Hopefully they both connect.
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Hunt with your kids, not for them.