turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New area ...vintage turkey guns

Started by Old Gobbler, March 27, 2024, 12:32:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

This is dedicated to the shotguns that were manufactured before most of us were born ...I would say 50 y/o guidelines.....old doubles etc...
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

crow

Goat boy

Cool new topic.Look forward to seeing some old hunting shotguns

runngun

Awesome!!! Can't wait to see all of the old ones!!!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Sungrazer

SWEET! Finding an old single shot and taking a Turkey with it has been on my bucket list for a couple years. Looking forward to seeing all the history.

Happy

1953 model 870

Good-looking and Platinum level member of the Elitist club

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Super Fox

Thanks to Shannon for this new site. ;)

I was out in the early AM with a 1925 LC Smith Long Range. Kent 5-Star 5X5 in one barrel; Heavy Shot # 4s in the other.
This Elsie has a tougher than standard buttstock -with an original Jostam "No Kick Coming" period pad.
Great fun just  carrying it in the deep swamp edges. It is a proven gobbler slayer.

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Super Fox

For those of you with older American double guns, the following may help you-if you wish to dig deeper on Grades,
serial numbers, dates of manufacture, and more articles on your shotguns:

PGCA-Parker Gun Collectors Assn; AHFCA-AH Fox Collectors Assn; LC Smith Collectors Assn.

You may also view all of the Grades of shotgun made by the manufacturer, as well as nitro fluid steel, twist steel, and Damascus steel barrels.
You can view information on the site as a guest, or join the association. Both the PGCA and AHFCA have a serial number look-up capability. I am a member of both the PGCA and the AH Fox Collectors Association. Just typing in the Association name letters will get you there.
The members of these associations also have been known to be in the woods at sunrise with old double guns and turkey calls...and they have pictures
with older guns and older turkeys.

Yoder409

GREAT addition !!!!

Especially for what I'm fixin' to try this spring............    ::)
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

wchadw

My old Ithaca. My grandfather bought it for my dad. Haven't killed a turkey with it in a long time. May get some 4s and take it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

captpete

Thanks Shannon...looking forward to seeing some old classics!!!

jmbistheman

Posting this for Crow.  Black Powder shot gun from around 1880s

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

crow

Thanks jm,   old Belgium Damascus gun still doing work.