Main Menu

Metal detector to find TSS shot?

Started by mnhunter2, March 19, 2024, 06:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paboxcall

Quote from: fmf on March 25, 2024, 09:56:59 AM
Quote from: crow on March 24, 2024, 09:09:33 PM
Quote from: Paulmyr on March 24, 2024, 05:44:45 PM
Cut your breast into thin strips cross grain. Roll them into a nugget and pin them with a tooth pic. Feel free to roll a banana pepper or mushroom or both inside or whatever tickles your fancy. Cutting into thin strips makes it much easier to find them little buggers.

I cut mine in thin strips as above and then hold up to a strong light like "candling'' an egg, you will see a pellet if there.

I have found #9 tss in breast meat

this is the way

:agreed:
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Turkeyman

I'll be shooting TSS this spring for the first time. After reading/hearing reports of broken/cracked teeth I'm a bit dubious. Also after reading previous posts it appears Xrays are the only truly verified method of finding the pellets.

g8rvet

If you are cutting out the breast, just follow the pellet tracks.  It is usually pretty obvious where the penetration is located.  Blood ruins the taste anyway so when there is a penetrating wound I follow it with blunt dissection with my finger and rinse it well.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

GobbleGitr

Using my Dad's old Double X shells a couple years ago I didn't have a great pattern-broke a crown off a pillar off of a molar with that old shot...I have to remind myself, but less aggressive chewing on turkeys is my new norm