OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best material for Turkey Camo

Started by King Cobra, March 26, 2024, 09:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

runngun

I think that they are out of Business now or maybe going by another company name but there was a Jean company called "Diamond". They also made camouflage jeans, they had a Diamond piece in the crotch. Was the best ones ever made. A feller has to have room!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Bottomland OG

I mix and match also on certain things but mainly stick to cottons. I really like the Duluth mobl pants.

PALongspur

100% cotton ripstop. The original Tibbee stuff from Mossy Oak was my favorite. The trouble with the newer cotton clothing is how badly it fades, sometimes without even being washed. I have some stuff from the 90s that still looks like it just came off of the store rack!

RustyBarrels

Here I was, all excited to try my new warm-weather outfit.  Recently bought a poly/spandex combo from Kryptek in hopes of fighting the heat a lil better this year. 

Now y'all got me paranoid over the fabric  :help:

Happy

Quote from: RustyBarrels on March 27, 2024, 05:26:42 PM
Here I was, all excited to try my new warm-weather outfit.  Recently bought a poly/spandex combo from Kryptek in hopes of fighting the heat a lil better this year. 

Now y'all got me paranoid over the fabric  :help:
Just go with the Sitka thong. You won't have to worry about crowded parking areas either. That's how I roll.

Good-looking and Platinum level member of the Elitist club

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

RustyBarrels

A sitka thong, eh?  Might have to empty my piggy bank, and maybe draw on my 401k.
Does it come in optifade?

Happy

I heard it doubles as a survival slingshot. Or an emergency fire starter if you run fast enough.

Good-looking and Platinum level member of the Elitist club

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

roberthyman14

To hot to be wearing cotton.  Dry fit. Light weight everything.  I dont worry about a sheen.  Stay out of sunlight.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

Uncle Tom

I have a pair of original Tree Bark camo pants by Trebarj in the in 55 cotton/65 polyester. Known for quality construction and very quiet. Wear mostly Bottomland long sleeve shirt and Shannon Bug Tamer jacket. Years ago while sitting with my back against a tree on a field edge, a couple hens came across the field and one of them stepped across my leg stretch out on the ground, actually stepped on my leg.....guess she thought it was a log. Had a big tom jumped on top of my head once....was giving him some soft purrs and he like to knocked my hat off....strange things happen in the turkey woods if you look like a stump sitting there.

10th Legionaire

Quote from: runngun on March 26, 2024, 10:35:01 PM
I think that they are out of Business now or maybe going by another company name but there was a Jean company called "Diamond". They also made camouflage jeans, they had a Diamond piece in the crotch. Was the best ones ever made. A feller has to have room!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

I believe the name of the company was Diamond Gusset. Referencing the diamond gusset in the crotch.

I only know of one company (I'm sure there are others) making a pair of pants with that type of crotch anymore, and they don't sell them in camo. The company is Mountain Khakis. They do make a dirt colored tan that might work in some areas.
Less is more