OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Could use a few kind thoughts

Started by Clif Owen, March 25, 2024, 09:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g8rvet

Sorry to hear brother and prayers sent of healing and strength.   Follow the doctor's orders.  I know it would be tough but losing one turkey season is better than serious long term complications, so make getting better priority number 1. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Zobo

Praying for a quick recovery for you Cliff!  Never feel weird about asking for thought and prayers, especially on this forum. Team Longbeards is sending prayers. Feel better, that's the most important thing!
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

bbcoach

I'll be praying that you will make a QUICK recovery Clif.  I believe you summed up everything in your last sentence.  Be patient and understanding my Friend. 

Clif Owen

Quote from: Zobo on March 26, 2024, 02:30:21 PM
Praying for a quick recovery for you Cliff!  Never feel weird about asking for thought and prayers, especially on this forum. Team Longbeards is sending prayers. Feel better, that's the most important thing!
[/quote
Part of why I feel funny about it actually IS the contest. I don't know if I would have asked to play if I had known that I would have this issue. I feel a little like I may be holding a spot better filled by someone else. And that person might be more productive.

timberjack86

WV Flopper

Gman

Quote from: Clif Owen on March 25, 2024, 09:45:58 PM
Hey guys, I never do this but I could use a few kind thoughts and prayers. I had an accident a couple of months ago and injured my leg. I thought it was getting better but developed an infection this week and I have been in the hospital since Friday afternoon. Had surgery on it to drain it and today the doctor put me out again and put a wound vac on it. There's a real chance that I will miss turkey season this year. That bothers me greatly but it is difficult to hunt if you can't walk.
Anyway..Thanks!

Praying now!

Mabren2

Prayers for a full and speedy recovery!

Zobo

Quote from: Clif Owen on March 26, 2024, 03:07:42 PM
Quote from: Zobo on March 26, 2024, 02:30:21 PM
[/quote
Part of why I feel funny about it actually IS the contest. I don't know if I would have asked to play if I had known that I would have this issue. I feel a little like I may be holding a spot better filled by someone else. And that person might be more productive.

No. No way, no how, you are on the team. We can handle everything until you get back. I mean the competition we're facing isn't really that formidable, :TooFunny: 
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

grayfox

Prayers sent! Never underestimate the power of prayer.

bornagain64

bwhana

Prayers for healing and patience while it does.

Sir-diealot

I have been where you are at, kinda still am. I lost hunting for 15 years got it back now not sure if this season is going to happen or not because I am still having a lot of problems with the foot I had surgery on in Sept. Prayers from others here and those I know away from here as well as myself helped immensely, at one point in time they thought I was going to lose the foot but God saw fit to let me keep it for which I am grateful. I hope it all goes well for you and remember even if you lose this season you sound like you are likely to hunt next season, and that is something to be thankful for, though I know it is depressing to lose even one. I will pray for you.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Cut N Run

Feel better man.  I'm thinking healing thoughts for you.

I got to hunt Opening Day of 2007, but by the next weekend, I was in a coma & was broken up pretty badly from being T-boned by a drunk driver.  I was out of work for over 9 months and had to relearn how to do some basic stuff.  I was (barely) able to hunt the next Spring and I haven't missed much time in the woods since then.  It will get better.  A buddy of mine told me, "Don't forget that the light at the end of the tunnel is not necessarily a train coming."  Be happy for every day you get.

At least these days you can watch hunting videos online and sort of get your fix that way. 

Jim

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

ElkTurkMan