Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

The .410 is dialed in

Started by cannonball, March 25, 2024, 07:55:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cannonball

After trying 4 different choke tubes and three different shells, I finally have a pattern I am extremely happy and confident with. The winning combination is Viper Ammo 1oz of 10's out of an Indian Creek .390 in my Tristar Viper G2 Turkey. This pattern was shot by my nephew yesterday, I'm using his shoulder while mine heals up. I'm going to shoot it a couple days before season starts and verify that his point of aim is the same as mine. Pattern below was at 35 yards which is close to maximum range for my liking with a 410.

Mathews.1

Very nice pattern. Good luck

3seasons

Yes sir that will do it, solid pattern!!!  That's stout. No doubt you will smash one with that gun and if you misjudge one's yardage it won't be a big deal.
Looking forward to seeing some pictures.

I just finished this little jewel for a friends 4yr old grand daughter.  Mossberg mini super bantam 410 we left the barrel smooth bore for now but will tap and choke it prob next year.  This is at 30yds with some 8's i loaded up just messing around  with 9.5's or 10's it's gonna be nasty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cannonball

Quote from: 3seasons on March 25, 2024, 08:53:21 PM
Yes sir that will do it, solid pattern!!!  That's stout. No doubt you will smash one with that gun and if you misjudge one's yardage it won't be a big deal.
Looking forward to seeing some pictures.

I just finished this little jewel for a friends 4yr old grand daughter.  Mossberg mini super bantam 410 we left the barrel smooth bore for now but will tap and choke it prob next year.  This is at 30yds with some 8's i loaded up just messing around  with 9.5's or 10's it's gonna be nasty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's really good for a fixed choke .410 shooting #8's. I would definitely try the 10's. I killed two last year with Mossy Oak #9 & #10 blends and neither one even flopped.

3seasons

Quote from: cannonball on March 25, 2024, 10:29:20 PM
That's really good for a fixed choke .410 shooting #8's. I would definitely try the 10's. I killed two last year with Mossy Oak #9 & #10 blends and neither one even flopped.

Yes sir I loaded her 10's to hunt with,  I am running low on shot and didn't want to send more 10's into the shot trap so I threw some 8's in it. I've got 25kg headed my way.

I was happy with it being a fixed choke, I've tapped and put chokes in a couple of these and they are some nasty little guns. Working on a project now but when I finish I'll share it.