OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Public land feeding

Started by Southernson13, March 24, 2024, 08:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southernson13

I'm beyond over these lazy worthless POS. Stop feeding birds on public land. I've seen numerous feed bags on national forest this week. Today I go in a spot I was really excited about and tried to keep attention away from until the birds are doing it right. To my surprise not even 50yds from the blacktop some dips4!t went and poured out chops. I like hunting public because of what it is. I like that it's hard. I like that it is raw and wild. I don't like that you are pathetic and can't deal without it coming easy to you. I don't like that what should be a worry free access now has the increased chance of me blowing a bird out that shouldn't be where you're feeding. I don't like that you're potentially poisoning mine and everyone else's birds with aflatoxin. If I had private land and knew about the neighbor hunting fed turkeys I'd call the law. You can believe without a doubt that the first thing I did when I found it was call the ranger and report it. 1 I wanna make sure they don't shut down a spot I like hunting because you baited it. 2 It bugs me to my core that your think you're freaking special and don't have to follow the rules like everyone else. I hope you get a fat ticket and I honestly hope your season gets ended. One less dillhole in my spot.

bigdrumnc

They are probably filming a social media episode or a anti hunter.

Southernson13

Nope middle aged man. I looked through his pictures to see the last time he'd been in there. Everyone wants to blame younger hunters and the "duck dynasty era". We also currently have a rash of folks taking matters into their own hands and starting numerous wild fires trying to "make habitat" Rangers are narrowing it down on the guilty party and none of them are younger than 40 years old.

Howie g

I sincerely hope you have better luck than I have in the past getting the law to catch them .
I've sent pins , and offered to walk them to it .  Crickets on a reply both times .

Cowboy

My neighbor happens to be a game warden and I've tipped him off on 3 or so violations over the last few years. We got a great relationship and he's top notch dude as well. Guess some states don't have as good of one as I do .

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

mcw3734

Southernson - thank you for taking the time to report this to the Ranger District, we all hope they catch whoever it is. Forest Service law enforcement, like most I suspect, is stretched thin. They would all like to catch every offender selfishly disregarding public land laws, but they have to prioritize given the limited resources they have.

For anybody witnessing violations, please take the time to report it to the land management agency AND the game warden. Be sure to include pictures and precise location info, GPS coordinates are best. Even if they can't put any time into it then, they will likely document it. And then if similar reports come, it will be useful. We have to at least do our part and report what we see out there.