North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Success in MS

Started by Roost 1, March 24, 2024, 06:35:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roost 1

Had a great hunt in MS Friday.
We drove down 8hrs after working 10hrs Thursday and was met with rain at daylight Friday. Made for slow morning however we both called in some hens which were very vocal.  Paul stuck first about 11:30 with a very nice 3yr old gobbler that snuck in quietly, about the time the bottom dropped out of it. Hard rain for about an hour. After the rain ended I was doing a little calling off and on and at 2:44 I got the  response I was looking for, only about 100yds away. At 2:48 I was able to let the lil 28ga drop my first Mississippi gobbler.

This is my first hunt on the year but also my first hunt since my mother passed away back in January.
I had a little visitor show up right before this all happened and I'd like to think it might have been Mom checking in on me. 
Special thanks to the landowner for allowing us on their property and as always thanks to my wife for allowing me to do the things I love to do. 
Now back home to see my new grandbaby.
Enjoy the pics...
MS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBR12

Congratulations man. Glad y'all were successful.

FullChoke

Congratulations!! I have had some great hunts right before and after torrential rain storms down there. Any weather condition in the woods is great if you are ready for it.

Cheers  ;D

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

JeffC

Congrats, great way to start off the year! Sorry to hear about you loss, prayers to you and your family.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Tom007

Congrats! Memorable for sure...
"Solo hunter"

Roost 1

Quote from: JeffC on March 24, 2024, 08:51:20 AM
Congrats, great way to start off the year! Sorry to hear about you loss, prayers to you and your family.

Thank you, sir

Twowithone

09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

paintbrush

zelmo1

You need to get his grandpa next bub. You ain't the cleanup hitter hittin singles up the middle.  :TooFunny: :TooFunny: Congrats bro ???? Z

Roost 1

Quote from: zelmo1 on March 24, 2024, 06:39:08 PM
You need to get his grandpa next bub. You ain't the cleanup hitter hittin singles up the middle.  :TooFunny: :TooFunny: Congrats bro ???? Z

Just getting warmed up....  :laugh:

GA next weekend.   :fud:

3seasons

Congratulations on your MS bird.  Pretty impressive to get 2 in one afternoon. Your buddy has some good land.

Roost 1

Quote from: 3seasons on March 24, 2024, 08:22:17 PM
Congratulations on your MS bird.  Pretty impressive to get 2 in one afternoon. Your buddy has some good land.

I feel very fortunate to have gotten the  opportunity to hunt that property.
My buddy and I were almost a mile apart.  I get the feeling they have a strict management plan.
He told me they might kill 5 birds a year off their property. Several thousand acres... 

callaway71

First of many for this season.  Congrats again.