OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

The Tenth or Old Pro?

Started by Paulmyr, March 11, 2024, 07:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowbird87

Quote from: Howie g on March 14, 2024, 08:57:53 PM
Quote from: bowbird87 on March 14, 2024, 08:17:32 PM
Quote from: Howie g on March 12, 2024, 05:56:07 PM
Quote from: bowbird87 on March 12, 2024, 04:54:31 PM
I know I'm gonna get crucified for this but I didn't like 10th legion. I put it down and never finished.
[/quote
  Shame on you

Is what it is!
[/quote

I've read both ,  and love them both equally.  Should have to read and pass a pop quiz after reading them both to buy a turkey tag ?????

That would be awful lol

crow

10th Legion if your picking up hitchhikers, Chicks dig Col. Toms accent.
But both are great books to read and and reread

"The Season and Better on a rising tide" are both really good to listen to, available on cd's

Mossberg90MN

I'd probably start with Tenth Legion to build the mysticism around the gobblers, then move to old pro out of just plain enjoyment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gobbler-one

There's no wrong or bad choice here. I have read both multiple times but must confess I have never listened to an audio book.
Both are great choices for getting fired up before season. I have been a fan of Tom Kelly's work since the early 80.s, for me personally it would be hard not to read anything he wrote. I also have both of Gene Nunnerys books and have to say that I wish he had written more. Whatever you decide you will be in good company on your trip.

WildTigerTrout

No wrong choice here.  I have and enjoy both.  Flip a coin!
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

aclawrence

I pulled out Old Pro today and read my 10 year old son the Tony Mcleb secret chapter. It was great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moore

I find the all pro much better, but still like the tenth.
[

Sir-diealot

I had started to Read Kelly's The Boat but put it to the side until I could read 10th Legion, I was liking that.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."