turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Friday Devotional 7/15/2011 "Fearing the Lord"

Started by BOFF, July 15, 2011, 10:00:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Do you fear the Lord? I must say, I do. The fear I have is a reverent fear. I know God is  in control, and he though he has the up most concern of my well being, he could destroy me easily. Fortunately, God gives us rules in His written word to go by, and the guidance of the Counsellor, the Holy Spirit to help us in our daily lives, to realize we have moral boundaries.  The fear of the Lord, is used to stay within these boundaries. It all works together.

Psalm 111:10 (NIV1984)

10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom;
   all who follow his precepts have good understanding.
   To him belongs eternal praise.

When we fear the Lord, we seek His counsel, His ways for us, through prayer, and time spent in His word. We want to please Him, so we seek His ways. And, as we seek His ways, we become more like Him. What a wonderful plan!!!

As we examine our lives, how would you rate your fear of the Lord? Is it a reverent fear? Is it a selfish fear? Is there any fear at all?

Let us pray. Heavenly Father, I thank you for your love, grace, and plan of salvation for each of us. Help us to have a reverent fear of you, and to seek your ways. Not for our glory, or benefit, but for yours. Allow the Holy Spirit to guide us, and direct us in daily affairs, keeping us within your boundaries. We praise you, and thank you for who you are, and for what you have done. For it is in Jesus name we ask and pray these things, Amen!!

God Bless,
David B.

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

pappy

Great words of wisdom David, the devil has contorted the word fear so much that I believe people do not understand what it means to be in Fear of God, in the respect to which you are bringing out. I think that they can only see the cowling and not the reverence, I believe that Satan has planted this so many are "afraid" to come to Christ. Very good example of explaining the difference.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206