Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

saw a couple of good birds

Started by reflexl, March 21, 2024, 08:59:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reflexl

I was headed to work yesterday and when I came by the farm there were two pretty good birds standing in the highway. Both had beards about 10". They got out of the road thankfully. We still have to wait till April 13th. I am hoping and praying no more medical calamities this year. In the last two years turkey season got wrecked by covid, kidney stones and gout.

GobbleNut

Those "calamities" definitely are a bummer.  I have reached the age where I start worrying/wondering if something like that is going to happen before every planned hunt.  So far, I have managed to avoid having to abandon plans, but it is always in the back of my mind anymore. 
Moral of the story:  Getting old sucks!...but it does beat the alternative...   ;D

reflexl

Quote from: GobbleNut on March 21, 2024, 09:09:39 AM
Those "calamities" definitely are a bummer.  I have reached the age where I start worrying/wondering if something like that is going to happen before every planned hunt.  So far, I have managed to avoid having to abandon plans, but it is always in the back of my mind anymore. 
Moral of the story:  Getting old sucks!...but it does beat the alternative...   ;D

Truth!
That covid couldn't have timed out worse and it kicked my butt.