News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What do you do for a living?

Started by compton30, March 19, 2024, 04:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mspaci

hipp2412

Retired police officer. The first week of PA I will hunt every morning. The week of 4/1 I will hunt everyday in Texas.
Hipp

Nathan_Wiles

I'm a Pastor. Typically, 3-4 mornings per week. But it depends some years more and some can be much, much less.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Zach.Hannigan

Tractor trailer mechanic. Trailer side of things. 
Plan on getting 30-40 days this spring.

Sixes

Senior Liquified Natural Gas (LNG) plant operator for Southern Company Gas

I work shift work and have a lot of time off during the week so I hunt mornings and evenings depending on which shift I am working.

Usually take a week off and with my normal off time, that is a 12 day span sometime during the season. This year it will be the first 12 days of the GA season.

WV Ridge Reaper

Journeymen Linemen IBEW....I love my job..the teacher was right find a job and you'll never work a day in your life...Perks of my job meeting people from all over the country and from all different walks of life

Not enough but usually take at least two weeks off and the weekends so prob 30 days total when is all done with traveling 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deathfoot

Funeral director/embalmer/mortician/undertaker. Whichever trade name you wanna call it.

I now manage a funeral home with a high call volume of over 400 families a year. Luckily I have 5 weeks vacation and I use 2-3 weeks of those turkey hunting.

I'll have about 20 plus days of turkey hunting in most years. Of course my phone will be blowing up in the woods. I travel a lot hunting so I can get away from the high daily stress.

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: Happy on March 19, 2024, 06:33:47 PM
Industrial electrician for 16 years. In management now. Still in the electrical side of things. 25 years total in the electrical side of things.

Good-looking and Platinum level member of the Elitist club
I'm about to go to school for it, I placed in the top two out of 17 in a series of math and mechanical aptitude tests at my company and they're sending me to school. In 19 months I'll come out the other side an industrial electrician.

squidd

Retired three times now; two different utilities in E_I&C departments at multiple nukes/dirt burners and  28-yrs in USN/USN-R.

Previously would hunt 10-15 times per year and always public in FL  Doing the GA lease now and will start venturing to other states next year.

Wigsplitter

22 years in a paper mill and the last five have been in natural gas transmission— normally take 2 weeks to turkey hunt plus a few mornings and weekends- 20-25 days total

Vintage

Retired from a Aircraft Engine Manufacturer. Mechanic.

crucible7

Quote from: Nathan_Wiles on March 19, 2024, 08:50:16 PM
I'm a Pastor. Typically, 3-4 mornings per week. But it depends some years more and some can be much, much less.

Same here! So the job never really ends

I'll get anywhere from 5-10 hunts in depending.

Georgia's season is short, especially if you can only hunt public land (no turkeys on my private piece where I deer hunt)... and I never really know what my week is going to look like.

eggshell

Retired from 31 years with ODNR from a tech to a fish Hatchery Superintendent (the last 22 years of my career). I was blessed to live my dream, but like all things if you do something long enough it becomes a job. It was a job I loved but rearing fish is a high stress job. Any given day you could loose thousands of fish to a dozen different things. If you lost them the whole state suffered. I was proud to have made some big breakthroughs and serve my fellow sportsmen. While i was working turkey season came in our spawning seasons and the Hatchery was a 7 day operation with long hrs, but I could usually squeeze in a couple hrs in the morning before work and a few days off with vacation. Now I hunt everyday of season I have a tag or someone else to go. I hunt two states from mid April to late may and then again in the fall.

Nathan_Wiles

Quote from: crucible7 on March 19, 2024, 10:54:39 PM
Quote from: Nathan_Wiles on March 19, 2024, 08:50:16 PM

Same here! So the job never really ends

I'll get anywhere from 5-10 hunts in depending.

Georgia's season is short, especially if you can only hunt public land (no turkeys on my private piece where I deer hunt)... and I never really know what my week is going to look like.

Yes, there are not many fully free days, but most folks don't wanna see their pastor before about 10:00am.
South Carolina season is just over a month long. I also hunt public ground here, which is always a grand adventure.

Notsoyoungturk

ER doctor.  10-12 hunts depending on my schedule.  I switch between day and night shifts.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear