only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What do you do for a living?

Started by compton30, March 19, 2024, 04:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

compton30

Two simple questions:

What do you do for a living?

How many mornings do you typically turkey hunt each spring?

I work in landscape and I usually get 13 mornings per spring.

ScottTaulbee

I'm a supervisor at an aluminum wheel casting plant.
I typically get 2 to 3 mornings to hunt without using vacation time. If I use vacation time, typically 9 to 14 days.

But I hunt every evening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

runngun

Retired Law Enforcement officer.

If I can walk when I wake up, I am going.  As long as I have a tag, if not I will be hunting for someone to go with/assist.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

bbcoach

Retired with 37 years of Federal Service working in Aviation, on all types of Army, Navy and Marine Corps aircraft.  I will normally hunt about 20 to 25 days during the season. 

roberthyman14

Local government  landscape. I take about 3 days a week during the season. Hunt mornings and go into work after that. 

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

jdl80

Metal fabrication and carpentry. I try to get out at least 21 days per season. Usually take the last week in March off for my annual birthday hunt down here.

joey46

Retired LEO...Now 77 . Go here there and everywhere.  The family situation now places a few limits.  Hope to hunt Florida and one other State this spring.  Normally get to go out once or twice per week in a typical situation. This year not typical.  Oh well.  Shxx happens 

OJR

Manager/salesman for a commercial sign company. Have a very good relationship with the owner. I have been here 31 years. He's a hunter too, so I get whatever time I need. I typically hunt 15-20 days a season. I hit my home state and at least 3 or 4 more.

ferocious calls

Make turkey calls. Kitchens or almost anything made of wood. Have some residential rentals.

Hunt every day I want to.

Gooserbat

When I'm not building high quality bird whistles I built custom decks.  About every day I want to
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Tom007

I am a retired IBEW Union Electrician with 40 years in. I hunt everyday from Dawn till 12:00 noon April 20th through May 31st. Still not enough. Will extend that this year hunting Maine........
"Solo hunter"

arkrem870

I'm a real estate developer and contractor. I drive around in my fancy truck. Cash checks. And hunt. Or at least that's what people think.......I actually manage chaos. Try to squeeze perfection out of the imperfect. I've mastered controlling the weather.  And making the impossible possible. While planning in my head most nights when most are sleeping.

Greg Massey

Retired 35 years working for a local Utility Company ... Elect ...

davisd9

Director of Facilities of a school district. As many as I can.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

10th Legionaire

I'm semi retired from the environmental consulting business, think earths janitor. I still work for the same company I worked for for the last twenty years cleaning up the messes large industry creates.

When I was full time it was pretty much a pressure cooker 50-70 hours a week. Sneaking out to hunt was tough unless I took vacation days and I hunted so infrequently I can't really put an average number to it. No that I can set my schedule I intend to hunt all or part of 12-20 days this spring.
Less is more