North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

¡Dos grandes pavos machos caídos!

Started by Yoder409, March 18, 2024, 07:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reflexl

YoungGobbler

a_jabbo

Amazing!!!!! Way to go, Yoder!!!! I can imagine how incredible that hunt was, especially sharing camp with Rob Keck!

Bill

Big time congratulations, Don. Those are amazing and beautiful birds.

Assuming you're getting one or both mounted, is it problematic getting your birds back here for taxidermy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom007

Hunt of a lifetime Don. Nice job, congrats!
"Solo hunter"

Yoder409

Quote from: Bill on March 27, 2024, 12:26:47 AM
Big time congratulations, Don. Those are amazing and beautiful birds.

Assuming you're getting one or both mounted, is it problematic getting your birds back here for taxidermy?

Thanks, Bill !!!   They ARE Amazing birds !!!

I will be getting both birds mounted when they get here.  Being non-native to the U.S. the birds must be sent to a U.S.D.A. licensed acceptance facility here, stateside, accompanied by a CITES permit issued by the Mexican government.  Currently, the issuing agency in Mexico City is a 3-ring crap show, I am told.  And permits are slow to be issued.   Our outfitter said it could be 6 months or more til the permits arrive and our capes get shipped.

No biggie.   ives me more time to save for the taxidermy bill.    :toothy9:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Yoder409

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Sir-diealot

Congratulations, neat looking and sounding turkey for sure. I remermber hearing one the first time on one of Mr. Lovett Williams Jr's CD's, thought it was an odd sounding thing.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Yoder409

Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 27, 2024, 10:14:50 PM
Congratulations, neat looking and sounding turkey for sure. I remermber hearing one the first time on one of Mr. Lovett Williams Jr's CD's, thought it was an odd sounding thing.

They are something to hear in the Campeche twilight, for sure !!!!
PA elitist since 1979