Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

¡Dos grandes pavos machos caídos!

Started by Yoder409, March 18, 2024, 07:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder409

Still hung over from yesterday's 17 hour drive.  But here's a few pics of one of the coolest hunts I've ever had.

HUUUUUUUUUUGE shout out to mi amigo, Manuel Enriquez and the entire staff of El Halcon Lodge and Outfitters !!!

10 hunters in camp last week.  19 el pavos harvested.  Every man killed what he came for.  Pretty sure every man went home weighing more than he did when he arrived in camp, too.

Dos pavos !!!

1 7/8 "
There was one set of legit 2-inchers out of 19 birds.

Rob, Manuel and yours truly.

Yoder409 Turkey Call holsters go international !!!   :you_rock:

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

JeffC

Congrats again "Mr. Royal Slam"! Sounds and looks like a great hunt!!  Full mount?
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Delmar ODonnell

That's so awesome Don. Those birds are beautiful and that trip looks like a blast.

Tom007

Nobody is beating those spurs Don. Beautiful birds for sure! Wow
"Solo hunter"

paboxcall

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

harleytom

Congratulations! Looks like it was a trip for the ages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

POk3s

Yes sir! Love the pics!

I didn't even have to Google translate this time...I figured out enough of what you said all on my own ;)

Happy

Congrats on the jungle turkey Yoder. Sounds like you had a blast.

Good-looking and Platinum level member of the Elitist club

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Yoder409

Quote from: Happy on March 20, 2024, 05:05:56 AM
Congrats on the jungle turkey Yoder. Sounds like you had a blast.

Thanks !!!

It's definitely a trip of a lifetime for a turkey hunter.  The hunting is calling from a blind.....which is not my style.   But it's really the only way other than roost shooting.   But when you hear....then see your first one...... !!!  It's just pretty incredible.

Yep.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

zelmo1

Congrats Yoder, that's a pretty bird. Z

PharmHunter

zsully

Those are awesome birds!!!! Congrats Don. Looks like it was a blast

GobbleNut

Congrats on the gobblers!  Gotta admit, those are some beautiful birds. 
Pretty exclusive company hunting with Rob Keck... 

reflexl

Yoder409

PA elitist since 1979