Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Your Roaring 20s, 28s, .410s and/or archery

Started by FullChoke, March 17, 2024, 11:18:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullChoke

We are a team that is based on the intelligent and carefully considered move away from the excessively over-sized big bore guns to the equally lethal smaller gauges. This includes the 20, 28 and .410 shotguns as well as archery equipment. Our choices of firepower are based on research into chokes, advanced shells and results on patterning boards and not on misguided myths that you need to use watermain sized gauges that are approaching single digits in order to shoot the big birds.

Show us what you are carrying into the spring woods this year to kill a mocking bird.

Cheers  ;D

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

3seasons

My 20ga, Remington 870; 2lb trigger, polished bore, lengthened forcing cone, sureshot forend, api adjustable stock, Sumtoy base, holosun 507c, dipped in ultimate camo and a Carlson longbeard xr choke
My 410  Mossberg 510 mini super bantam 4.5lbs, sumtoy base, Holosun 507K, 3lb trigger, barrel tapped and custom comp-n-choke
50 cal T\C Treehawk shotgun muzzleloader 
Lack a Rio with my .410 for a slam
Have an eastern with the muzzleloader and plan to get a slam with it too. It's a different challenge but fun.

FullChoke

I started off with a Remington 870 Express 20 gauge and modified her into my dedicated turkey gun. I started by polishing the interior of the barrel, added an RSF .570" choke tube, drilled and tapped the receiver and installed a Picatinny rail scope mount and then mounted a Mueller red dot site on top of that, outfitted her in a custom 3D camouflage party dress in her favorite colors, wove a sling out of camo Paracord and fed her a TSS diet for 10 years now that has her in peak Olympic performance shape.

Here she is with a quickly-deflating believer in her innate abilities.

Cheers  ;D

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

cannonball

First two are the Tristar twins. One is 20 gauge the other one is .410. The third one I just got a few weeks ago. It's a Mossberg SA-28 Tactical Turkey. I'm hoping to use the 28 gauge instead of the .410 if my shoulder allows it. For those of you that have shot a 28 gauge, how is the recoil compared to a 20 gauge? I'm going to use some 1.5 ounce Apex Greenleaf blends in it. I've been shooting the 1 5/8 ounce Greenleaf blends in my 20 gauge this past season. I'm hoping the 28 gauge will have a noticeable reduction in recoil compared to my 20 gauge.

callaway71

Here are a couple I'll be using.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roost 1

Is this better??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reflexl

Yeah I found ole Roost drooling over this one.

Roost 1

Quote from: reflexl on March 21, 2024, 08:53:56 AM
Yeah I found ole Roost drooling over this one.

You said it identified as a Benelli and I told no that's not how this works. Then you ran off to the transgender restroom and I never saw you again.   :smiley-char092:

reflexl

Yeah I had to keep that dude in heels and a mini skirt from going in the bathroom with my wife.
That is straight up you!

zelmo1

reflexl

Quote from: zelmo1 on March 21, 2024, 02:48:52 PM
But I have the legs for a mini skirt.  :funnyturkey: :funnyturkey: Z

That would be a sight! A cocktail waitress with legs like an ostrich! Now I can't un see it!

zelmo1