OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What was the deal?

Started by g8rvet, March 27, 2024, 03:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cowboy

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on March 27, 2024, 08:52:46 PM
I'd lay my money on him being a poacher.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
Likewise.  I watched a guy in Missouri that was road hunting and blasted a strutting gobbler out his Jeep window. Coincidentally,  I was working that gobbler at the time. 

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

kytrkyhntr

Wait is that not how you're supposed to do it?
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

Tom007

Next time, get his plate, turn him in. He should be checked out, the dog in the car was strange for sure....
"Solo hunter"

GobbleNut

The fact that the guy had his gun at the ready makes me lean towards the idea that, given the opportunity, he may have had bad intentions.  Then again, perhaps he did not...but if that was the case, he showed extremely poor judgement in having the gun where it was.  If he was maybe looking for a landowner in the area that would give him permission to hunt, looking like a potential poacher is not a good introduction.

Others have already pointed out that it is illegal to have uncased and/or loaded firearms in a vehicle while hunting in some states.  Having it illegal in all states (and perhaps including in that regulation that it is illegal to have the weapon in the front seat where it is easily accessible) would go a long ways to preventing some of these "drive by" hunters. 

YoungGobbler

Quote from: GobbleNut on March 31, 2024, 09:41:54 AM
The fact that the guy had his gun at the ready makes me lean towards the idea that, given the opportunity, he may have had bad intentions.  Then again, perhaps he did not...but if that was the case, he showed extremely poor judgement in having the gun where it was.  If he was maybe looking for a landowner in the area that would give him permission to hunt, looking like a potential poacher is not a good introduction.

Others have already pointed out that it is illegal to have uncased and/or loaded firearms in a vehicle while hunting in some states.  Having it illegal in all states (and perhaps including in that regulation that it is illegal to have the weapon in the front seat where it is easily accessible) would go a long ways to preventing some of these "drive by" hunters.
Even if it was illegal to have it in front seat, they would still do it.

GobbleNut

Quote from: YoungGobbler on March 31, 2024, 09:39:02 PM
Quote from: GobbleNut on March 31, 2024, 09:41:54 AM

Even if it was illegal to have it in front seat, they would still do it.

True, there will always be a certain percentage of the unsavory sorts that are going to flaunt the laws regardless of what those laws are.  However, I am a firm believer that every deterrent put in place...and associated sufficient penalties for violations...makes a few more folks think twice before doing the illegal stuff.   

sbbow

POS if you ask me but that me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk