Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

2024 turkey plans

Started by Moore, March 12, 2024, 07:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moore

Hey guys just wondering what all your plans for this 2024 turkey season. I'm heading to OK and I was lucky enough to draw a tag for KS. I was looking at TX but that fell through so I may head to WI to hunt with buddy of mine and then hunt here in MN if I have time.
[

Kygobblergetter

Sounds like a fun season! My spring is pretty busy this year. Heading to Florida with a buddy to try to get his first Osceola from March 22-28. I'll try to kill as well but he's the priority. I drew a Mississippi tag so may head there if he kills early in the trip. After that I'll hunt opening weekend in Kentucky, work that week and then head to Iowa and Kansas for a week. Back home working nights so I'll hunt Kentucky and possibly Indiana. I took off work May 10-30. My buddy and I are heading to Utah and Wyoming for a week or so then back home to pick up the wife and hunting whatever days are left somewhere in the north east. It's almost here boys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moore

Dang that's a jammed pack season on the books you got there.
[

dzsmith

Home, tx,ga,and ar. I am working a shutdown. So I don't know how well it will all go. I'm pretty unprepared and my home season opens in 3 days . And I'm off 1 day a week .
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

Moore

Quote from: dzsmith on March 13, 2024, 12:16:41 AM
Home, tx,ga,and ar. I am working a shutdown. So I don't know how well it will all go. I'm pretty unprepared and my home season opens in 3 days . And I'm off 1 day a week .
Nice
[

turkey harvester

Guess I'll just stay in Mo lol. I'm planning on retiring either this year or next. After that I'll have more time to maybe travel. School's just don't want you to take off lol.
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Hunt with your kids, not for them.

fmf

florida, ms, and tn.....possibly ky

Kygobblergetter

I definitely have a jammed season. My wife has gotten to hate spring time but she understands. I take 2 weeks vacation for hunting and two weeks for trips with her. My schedule works well for being able to travel because I have 7 days off in a row every month. 40 hours of vacation taken at the right time will get me 14 days off work. She usually goes on one trip a year with me and she's turning in to a pretty reliable killer when birds get in close. Just need to train her up on her calling. I think when she starts calling her own birds in it will be hard to keep her at home when I'm hunting

Moore

Brent, I think that it is really cool that you two can share that together.  I tried a family vacation and a hunt at the same time, well let's just say it didn't  work out. My buddy got his bird while I was out with the family and I went out that afternoon and I missed my opportunity. I had a good time, I just learned to leave the family at home.
[

birdman67

Only hunting here in MS. No traveling for me.
Quote from: turkey harvester on March 13, 2024, 08:48:29 AM
School's just don't want you to take off lol.
I totally agree! Haha
Loving God's Creation!

aclawrence

I'll be hunting the home turf in AL and I did draw a hunt in Tennessee. 

Dmason3

Damn I'm only hunting in Illinois but now I'm jealous of you guys. Still have little ones at home but when they get bigger I'm hoping to start traveling a little with some friends to do some hunts. I look forward to hearing y'all's stories

wvhoyt19

Im hunting WV and PA. Plans for Montana had to be pushed til next year for good reasons. I have an airline voucher waiting for me and im ready to start planning that trip with my buddy again