North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Correctly sizing your photographs

Started by FullChoke, March 12, 2024, 12:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullChoke

Guys,

I get the impression that many people want the photographs of their birds to appear full scale on the site here. 10" photo of a beard showing as full 10" image on the screen just ain't good style. To remedy that, please make sure that you resize the width of your photos to 480 pixels, regardless of whether it is portrait or landscape before posting. Verify that your aspect ratio is locked so that any change in width is equally matched in the height. You can then insert it into a document post and the entire image will appear in the full width of the page and not over running it requiring that we scroll right and down to see your beautiful and happy faces.

If you need any help with this, let me know in a PM.

Thanks. Cheers  ;D

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

silvestris

Probably one of the best topics on the site.  If the photo is not correctly sized, I don't look at the thread.  If you don't know how to do it, don't post it.  It is aggravating.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from:  : on March 12, 2024, 04:11:51 PM
Probably one of the best topics on the site.  If the photo is not correctly sized, I don't look at the thread.  If you don't know how to do it, don't post it.  It is aggravating.

Great post. Yes X-2,  please resize.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."