OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey specific hunting podcasts

Started by Tca126, February 15, 2024, 11:45:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrogHair

Quote from: OsceolaDreams on February 15, 2024, 12:38:56 PM
The Turkey Hunter Podcast

Would also recommend The Turkey Hunter Podcast. They have been putting together shows longer than just about anyone and have some great content.

For long rides I also enjoy listening to turkey hunting books on tape.

Hooksfan

Do a search for Meateater Bronzeback and the Bat

paboxcall

Penn. Game Commission's "Call of the Outdoors" podcast, episodes 27 and 28 with Denny Gulvas are must listens.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

aclawrence

Quote from: paboxcall on March 05, 2024, 11:06:13 AM
Penn. Game Commission's "Call of the Outdoors" podcast, episodes 27 and 28 with Denny Gulvas are must listens.
I can only go back to episode 31 on Apple podcasts I'm probably doing something wrong. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chingson

Mossy Oak Gamekeepers, Spring Legion, Wild Turkey Science, Fist full of dirt, ROOST

paboxcall

Quote from: aclawrence on March 05, 2024, 01:43:56 PM
I can only go back to episode 31 on Apple podcasts I'm probably doing something wrong. 

Looks like you can listen without creating an account on Spotify.

Go to spotify.com, search Call of the Outdoors and click podcast, scroll down to the interviews with Gulvas.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Treerooster

Listened to those episodes. Good stuff, love listening/talking about turkey communication. Proud to call myself a turkey nerd.   :)

Always liked Denny Gulvas and thought he had good and interesting things to say about turkeys and turkey hunting. He is not afraid to say he is still learning, thats big in my book.

I just googled the podcasts on my phone and got them. Had to keep loading "More Episodes" but in about 3 or 4 pages the 27 & 28 episode were there.

paboxcall

The quality of Denny's audio of turkeys communicating with each other is outstanding.

aclawrence

Quote from: paboxcall on March 07, 2024, 03:12:40 PM
The quality of Denny's audio of turkeys communicating with each other is outstanding.
I've heard about all the time Denny has spent recording turkeys. Is there an easy place to access some of his audio?  I'd love to have it on iTunes or somwhere I could hit play while riding down the road.

Zach.Hannigan

I've been listening to turkey science podcast since it came out and a listen to most episodes of ffod with cuz I've only been this will be my 3rd spring turkey season and I just stumbled onto the turkey hunter podcast amd have been binging it for a week or so. Good episodes in there.

Kylongspur88

Wild Turkey Science is a good podcast if your interested biology, habitat and turkey studies. The turkey hunter podcast is good too.