North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Soon and very soon

Started by FullChoke, March 11, 2024, 01:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullChoke

Guys,

I know that our teammates in Mississippi are gassing up their trucks and cleaning up their gear right about now. 2024 spring turkey season for them opens in the dark indigo blue shades of dawn this Friday the 15th. Other states, mostly the southern tier, will be throwing open their gates soon as well.

When will you be quietly closing the truck door and silently loading your shotgun as you start slipping down that 4-wheeler trail to your listening spot to wait for the premiere guttural announcement from Tom that he rules and you drools? 

Soon and very soon, brothers.  :anim_25:

Cheers  ;D

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

3seasons

Weather forecast is less than ideal for the opening weekend, but I'll be there Friday morning in hopes of a little break in the weather. 

Roost 1

I have to wait a couple more weeks until the GA opener.

Good luck this weekend guys.

cannonball

April 13th is opening day for me. I plan on being in the woods at least an hour before sunrise.

callaway71

Good luck to all the early birds!

FullChoke

Mississippi hunters,

Remember this - Roosted IS Roasted.

Give 'em Hell.

Cheers  ;D

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

paintbrush

My first hunt will be out in SD starting on April 13. It can't get here soon enough!