Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Gobblin Report

Started by Roost 1, March 09, 2024, 11:27:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roost 1

Gobbled pretty good in western KY this morning until fly down.

FullChoke

We still have below freezing temperatures here in MN, but I expect the boys to start hollering here pretty soon.

Cheers  ;D

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

zelmo1

Nothing here yet either. High 30's and overcast. Grass is brown or tan, still a few weeks I figure. Z

Roost 1

paintbrush

Haven't heard any gobbling yet up here in the Brainerd MN. area where I live, but saw a couple jakes strutting the other day and today saw a tom with 8 hens, so the birds are busting up from their winter flocks. On that note, the winter up here this year has been like no winter I have ever seen im my 67 years, at least that I can remember. We have been way, way above average for winter time temps with no snow to speak of! Last year we had over 100" of snow and this year not even 10"! Ground has been brown since the end of Jan., not white like usual.

Roost 1

Gobbling pretty good this morning.

zelmo1

Still no gobbling or strutting yet , but I did see some huntable birds this morning. That is encouraging, Z

Roost 1

The gobblers not as vocal this morning but the hens were very excited.

callaway71

3seasons

My birds are lockjawed and in lockdown mode already.  I've been two mornings after work and haven't heard a bird.  The weather has been less than ideal but still shoulda heard something.  Going back after them in the morning.

callaway71

Can't get here fast enough. Next weekend is youth. My son should get a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roost 1

Looks like I might need a TN tag.  :you_rock:

callaway71

Quote from: Roost 1 on March 28, 2024, 08:52:37 PM
Looks like I might need a TN tag.  :you_rock:

You have plenty of tags.  :jackson: